CSP Static

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneworld

Hi all! I'v been scanning for may years and for the past two weeks CSP on both my Uniden 396T's locks up on Troops D & C and holds with static. Squelch is set to 3, and I use 800mhz antenna and have checked all settings and nothing has changed within the scanner. I have a Uniden 996xt but it isn't happening on it. I have the last updates available for both scanners. I would clear them but then would have to figure out how to manually program them since I have always cheated and uses software but just cant get USB to work anymore. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? Thanks in advance.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Every year, there is some interference that causes this. If you look at older posts, you can find them. There is no real good solution other than to give it a bit of time and it should go away.

chris

oneworld

Thanks for the reply Chris, I sure hope it goes away. It's rather annoying. I'll do some searching.

Mork

Premium Subscriber
If you know that the firmware on the 396T is up to date, check the setting for Motorola End code (If the -T has that, I don't remember). As CG mentioned, almost every year we have a site or two that seems to hang a low level carrier after transmissions have ceased.

Harryjr

Premium Subscriber
Had the same problem and Changing the end code resolved it. Been several years since I've had a problem.

oneworld

The 396T has options of "set end code", yes or ignore, I have set to yes - and another option "digital end code" , yes or ignore, I have set to yes now. It was set to ignore. Will see if that changes things. Firmware is up to date with last update of 3.02.02. Thanks for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.