Ct. State Firemen’s convention

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
This weekend in Avon, Ct. I noticed a State Police presence today at the carnival grounds with the Town Fire Matshal. I’m guessing they were conducting thecusual safety inspection. But it got me wondering about what state agencies might be involved with the convention and particularly the parade on Sunday. I plan to do a. It of monitoring in the vicenity of the revewing stand. I’ve got everything for Avon and surrounding towns but nothing for state agencies. Wondering if anyone can suggest agencies and/or provide advice on what to monitor...

kmacinct

Recommended all the regular interop channels you can find. State send regional.

Start listening early Sunday AM

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

cg

Premium Subscriber
If I recall correctly, in the past few years, units heading to the Convention parade were asked to sign on using the ICALL/ITAC system upon departure from their quarters. They then announced arrival and got a location to line up from County Coordinators. I believe the link was up patching the V/U/8 systems together. The coordinators use the State Fire talkgroup on the CSP and the SW 700 systems.

chris

zuzuski

If I recall correctly, in the past few years, units heading to the Convention parade were asked to sign on using the ICALL/ITAC system upon departure from their quarters. They then announced arrival and got a location to line up from County Coordinators. I believe the link was up patching the V/U/8 systems together. The coordinators use the State Fire talkgroup on the CSP and the SW 700 systems.

chris

"ITAC/ICALL" is an old system - Dont get them confused - It DOES create problems
Now known as "8TAC/8CALL" - actually different frequencies.

Toady 8CALL90, 8TAC92, and Fire Coordinators Talk Group on the State Public Safety 700/800 System.

Plus all the AVON Channels - STOC's channels, and Avon/Hartford Intercity...

cg

Premium Subscriber
The intent of my post was to use the old term to reference ALL the CALL/TAC system. There is the ability to patch the 800, UHF and/or the VHF systems together. Since I didn't know if they were going to do that, I didn't want to confuse people if they were getting traffic on any of the VCALL10, VTAC11-14, UCALL40, UTAC41-43, 7CALL50, 7CALL51-56, 8CALL90 or 8CALL91-94 channels.
Fortunately with this being an exercise, there was ample time for folks to dig out the 800 radios, charge the battery, and get it to the people going to the parade. It would have been interesting to try it with all the bands during such a drill.

chris

zuzuski

I just wanted to make it clear - There are still radios out there with "ICALL and ITAC" in their programming - people who never got them updated. These are the considered the "OLD" 800 Channels.

Sounded like they had their stuff together today.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber

chris

Yes, the CSFA has conducted a "interop" drill / check in for all units who want to participate. It's a good way to get all the agencies that have the V/U/8 frequencies in thier radios to utilize and get familiar with them for large scale incidents.

The check in if I remember right began back to the old I-Call / I-Tac days just prior to adding in the UHF & VHF-hi frequencies.

.....and i guess I'm still on the CSFA Convention Committee...... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.