I'm done submitting database info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlute

I have recently submitted information to be added to the RR database and it is clear that the (admin?) didn't care about what I submitted.

I take quite a bit of time before I submit things to make sure I have the information correct, and yet my info has been partially ignored. I can tell because the submission status is closed and the page didn't change.

It takes quite a bit of time away from enjoying the more active channels myself to try and get the more obscure or unknown for other people.

Oh well, what it comes down to is: I can be selfish with my time like the thousands of users of this site and not submit anything, and I think I will now.

I'm sure there are others who have submitted more than me, and I wonder if they have ever felt the same way.

Anyways: I'm done.

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
I have recently submitted information to be added to the RR database and it is clear that the (admin?) didn't care about what I submitted.
Did you send a message to the DB admin? I had a similar situationa while back and he was more than happy to explain the reason behind it. I suspect he was just a little busy to send an explanation without a specific request.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Also be sure to put your email address in the box when you're submitting info so if they do have a question they can email you. Hopefully they also send you an PM should the DB Admin have an issue over your submission.

You can also post your submission info in the appropriate state or area forum so that other users can benefit from your hard work even if it doesn't make it into the database.

kd7rto

You can complain that they do not correct the errors you point out, or you can write your own web page, submit the url to the search engines, and put the url in your signature line here.

It worked for me.

SCPD

QRT

I take quite a bit of time before I submit things to make sure I have the information correct, and yet my info has been partially ignored. I can tell because the submission status is closed and the page didn't change.

It takes quite a bit of time away from enjoying the more active channels myself to try and get the more obscure or unknown for other people.

Oh well, what it comes down to is: I can be selfish with my time like the thousands of users of this site and not submit anything, and I think I will now.

I'm sure there are others who have submitted more than me, and I wonder if they have ever felt the same way.

I agree 100000 per cent

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Hmm

Well, I am going to take a slightly different slant on this complaint. I am going to ask for specifics. The reason, I checked your submissions since the first of the year (four total), the last submission you made was updated within 24 hours of being submitted the previous ones within a few days. Your submission rating (an internal scoring method we use to rate submissions is average) so it would appear that your submissions are treated and considered normal.

I am going to ask you either back off of this statement or provide specific instances of where your submissions were ignored.

Edit: BTW, all submissions I referenced above were updated before you started this thread.

Last edited:

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Harlute,

The database admin team really works hard to make sure that information submitted is added to the database, and they work on hundreds of cases weekly.

Please contact the admin that worked your submissions and find out what the deal is. It is as simple as sending them a PM, and I'm sure that the admins will be more than happy to work with you to get the data that you work hard to collect added into the database.

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
Harlute, did you pm them before starting this thread?

Always try to work out with the admin b4 starting a fire. When one starts a fire, it only makes things bad. I'm not trying to add insult to your problem, it's just you never indicated if you had tried to contact the correct people b4 starting a fire...

hoser147

Its been my experience with submitting info to the database, that it is fairly easily done, had an issue of where a local fd wasn't known to be separate from one with a similar name and ID. Upon PM to a DB admin and explaining the difference it was cleared up in a few minutes. Its easy to understand how at times it can be a slow process, and Im sure that sometimes the info submitted has to be further confirmed. Its a hobby folks, Its up to you if you want to keep your marbles in the bag or play. I just perfer if Im going to go somewhere I can download what I know are good monitoring files and have an enjoyable listening experience...

Status
Not open for further replies.