RadioReference Mobile - Federal Frequencies???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbaker6953

It's totally possible that I'm missing it completely, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to look up Federal frequencies using Radio Reference mobile.

I would also like to suggest that the listings not be trimmed to receive frequencies only. Sometimes I like to know transmit frequencies so I can listen to them.

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
The Federal (country wide), as well as all other "universal" frequencies are not in the RR Database at all, they are located in the Wiki.

As for the transmit frequencies, there is a migration underway to not display the "input" frequencies as the default in the DB, as it causes more questions than need be asked.

jbaker6953

I'm referring to the "local" Federal frequencies. If I go to the regular California page, I can choose the Forest Service, Park Service, BLM ,etc. I do not have that choice under RR mobile.

As for the transmit frequencies, there is a migration underway to not display the "input" frequencies as the default in the DB, as it causes more questions than need be asked.

I hope that doesn't mean premium membership will be required just to see transmit frequencies, but the cynic in me fears otherwise.

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I'm referring to the "local" Federal frequencies. If I go to the regular California page, I can choose the Forest Service, Park Service, BLM ,etc. I do not have that choice under RR mobile.
I see what the problem is and am not sure if it was intentional or not. If an agency is listed as "Public Safety" then it shows up in the mobile version, if it is listed as anything else ("Business", "Military", "Federal", etc.) then it does not. I will look further into this and either I or someone will get back here with further info.

I hope that doesn't mean premium membership will be required just to see transmit frequencies, but the cynic in me fears otherwise.
The intent has nothing to do with premium membership and everything to do with stopping the same questions (e.g. "Which frequency..."; "What is 'Input' mean..."; "Do I have to put both..."; etc.) from being asked countless times. Those people who know what the difference is don't ask the questions. It is my understanding that they will still be available, just not displayed (eventually).

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks,

I rolled out fixes and updates to RR Mobile today:

1. Areawide State frequencies added. This was unintentionally left out and now federal and other statewide frequencies are now available.

2. Fixes for listings for highlighted trunked systems in non-iPhone browsers

3. Updates to the login process

If some Opera mini browsers could give this a run through I'd appreciate it and feedback as well.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.