Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
it has been 2 weeks now since i have submitted info and it has not been looked at. I know all the DB admin may be backed up but you guys are fast at doing the updates. When do you think you will get to mine?

n4yek

Give them time Eric, they might be DB Admins, but they are volunteers. They do this all on their own time and when time permits. This isn't their full time job and when they get a lot of submissions, it does back up on them. My state has a back-up that is in the 500's+ and he has to go through them one by one and make sure everything is in the correct spot and he hasn't made any errors while doing the updates.

They will get to them, just give them time.
Danny

mciupa

Database Admin
Looking at the DB update history for Maine , trunking hasn't been updated since '08 and non-trunking was updated Jan.11/09.

What I noticed is that eric carlson has done the bulk of the updates. He is one busy man, as when I have checked various DB entries ,he has practically mapped the planet with data.

Perhaps you could offer DB Admin. assistance for your area ?

Last edited:

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
Looking at the DB update history for Maine , trunking hasn't been updated since '08 and non-trunking was updated Jan.11/09.

What I noticed is that eric carlson has done the bulk of the updates. He is one busy man, as when I have chedked various DB entries ,he has practically mapped the planet with data.

Perhaps you could offer DB Admin. assistance for your area ?

how could i offer him assistance?

Plus i really cant pickup any trunking systems were i am unless it is a perfect summer day

ecps92

Other than the 246T you have listed, any other scanners or do you run any Windows based Trunking programs? You have quite a few in your back-yard, just not Motorola, but LTR

PM me for info to work on :)

Plus i really cant pickup any trunking systems were i am unless it is a perfect summer day

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
it has been 2 weeks now since i have submitted info and it has not been looked at. I know all the DB admin may be backed up but you guys are fast at doing the updates. When do you think you will get to mine?
Actually longer than 2 weeks, you submitted it on January 15th. And as pointed out by others, there are other things that DB Administrators do besides keeping up the database; you know, like real life things. In addition, as mciupa points out, the majority of all updates in Maine were done by Eric...the reason is that there is no DB Admin for Maine. Eric, in addition to being a global moderator, is also the lead DB Admin (more work now) as announced by Lindsay back on January 26th.

Contact Eric via PM and discuss it, since you are obviously active and have in interest in Maine, maybe you could become the first DB Admin in Maine. :)

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
Actually longer than 2 weeks, you submitted it on January 15th. And as pointed out by others, there are other things that DB Administrators do besides keeping up the database; you know, like real life things. In addition, as mciupa points out, the majority of all updates in Maine were done by Eric...the reason is that there is no DB Admin for Maine. Eric, in addition to being a global moderator, is also the lead DB Admin (more work now) as announced by Lindsay back on January 26th.

Contact Eric via PM and discuss it, since you are obviously active and have in interest in Maine, maybe you could become the first DB Admin in Maine. :)

i have sent him a PM just waiting for him to reply back to me. I agree everyone does have real life things to do other then the DB.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
has anyone even seen ericcarlson lately on here
He was here today, your not the only one that thinks that there submission are not posted fasted enough I my self have some that are older than the one that you are upset about the fact is all of the DataAdmins have a life outside of this website and this is something that we do for free on our part. I myself and the other DataAdmin take great pride in what we add here, there are a few folks here that submit a ton of useless repetitive info that takes time for us to work our way through, and at this point the fact that you are the only one complaining about with it over 200,000 members must mean that so far we are doing a good job.

Last edited:

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
He was here today, your not the only one that thinks that there submission are not posted fasted enough I my self have some that are older than the one that you are upset about the fact is all of the DataAdmins have a life outside of this website and this is something that we do for free on our part. I myself and the other DataAdmin take great pride in what we add here, there are a few folks here that submit a ton of useless repetitive info that takes time for us to work our way through, and at this point the fact that you are the only one complaining about with it over 200,000 members must mean that so far we are doing a good job.

well i sent him a PM and never got a reply to it that is why i asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.