stat column in listings

Status
Not open for further replies.

WouffHong

Did a general search and found no answer..

So must ask:

What do the STAT abreviations (such as "A" or "T") in a system's listing refer to? - Are there more than just "A" and "T"? ( is it "Active" and "Temporary-something"?? or ??)

is there a [page that explains all the column headings (Yes, I know some are linked to a definition) ;)

Thanks!

Mac

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Ah, I thought you were talking about something we generated, not an FCC term. That is short for "Status" and deals with what status the license is in. I am not sure if the FCC actually has a list but a trip to the FCC site for a few licenses with the various letters will get you your answers.

Here is a short list of the most common:
  • A = Active
  • T = Terminated
  • E = Expired (but not yet terminated)

WouffHong

STAT question..

Ah, I thought you were talking about something we generated, not an FCC term. That is short for "Status" and deals with what status the license is in. I am not sure if the FCC actually has a list but a trip to the FCC site for a few licenses with the various letters will get you your answers.

Here is a short list of the most common:
  • A = Active
  • T = Terminated
  • E = Expired (but not yet terminated)

Yup - assumed it was status - A was obvious, The "T" was not as obvous, and had not seen the "E" often as the "T" :)

The firsdt thing I did do WAS to go to the FCC site, but never found the "Status" defiitions - can you give me that link, Lou ("Lou" assumed ;) )

Thanks es 73

Mac

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
...The firsdt thing I did do WAS to go to the FCC site, but never found the "Status" defiitions - can you give me that link, Lou ("Lou" assumed ;) ) ...
Mac,

The status is found on each license in the FCC database. For example, using your supplied link, click on the first license WQJS983 and it takes you to the RR page with the detail license info. Near the bottom of that page (and every similar page on the RR site) you will see a link to the FCC page for that license. Clicking that link will take you to the FCC site and page for the that license; the main tab is displayed and on the second line you will see the status listed. Again, I don't think there is anywhere where there is a "list" of the various status definitions as they are all self-explanatory. The abbreviations are just the first letter of the subject status.

WouffHong

OK - good info - I overlooked that connection, unfortunately. Must be the PPS Brain Fog! :)
(Like NOT noticing your full name at the bottom of the posts! :) Too used to people hiding their names, I guess.. )
THANK you for the help.. Some of T's or C's i was using can now be deleted from the scanner. :)
Take Care..
Mac (Tom McKeever)
w4nov.us

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
...Some of T's or C's i was using can now be deleted from the scanner. :)
Caution is the word here.
Just because an entity forgot to renew their license doesn't mean they are not using the frequency. I am not saying it is the norm, but... There are plenty of instances of it here in the database, which is one of the reasons we don't rely on the FCC for information, but rather our users. ;)

WouffHong

Understand, Lou - and concur. Some "T" ones seem generic in many states, like the classic 155.16, 155.34, 154.905, 155.37 ones..They're usually active no matter what and remain in most system's equipment forever.:)
(I used to have a 2-way shop back in the 70's :) )
Again -Take Care and thanks... Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.