Problem on Page Still Not Fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Hmm, I tried changing the data into tables, but although the tables looked okay, the interface placed huge spaces between the tables and from the top to the first table. :confused:

I put it back the way Lindsay had it. Even that isn't right, as the data is not double spaced but it shows up that way on the page. And yes, once again, right now the columns are spaced correctly in Firefox but not IE.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
Hmm, I tried changing the data into tables, but although the tables looked okay, the interface placed huge spaces between the tables and from the top to the first table. :confused:

I put it back the way Lindsay had it. Even that isn't right, as the data is not double spaced but it shows up that way on the page. And yes, once again, right now the columns are spaced correctly in Firefox but not IE.

Another reason not to use IE. :lol: It looks fine in Firefox to me also.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Update on Issue

Yesterday, Lindsay found a small bug in the formatting of all such lists, etc. That is the one that made it look so odd when I tried to do it as table entries. Well the upshot is that since that is fixed, I put it back as tables and it looks fine now in either of the browsers I am using.

SCPD

QRT
Yesterday, Lindsay found a small bug in the formatting of all such lists, etc. That is the one that made it look so odd when I tried to do it as table entries. Well the upshot is that since that is fixed, I put it back as tables and it looks fine now in either of the browsers I am using.

It looks perfect. Thank you.

captclint

Mentor
Yesterday, Lindsay found a small bug in the formatting of all such lists, etc.
I agree that some of the Chattanooga codes now look good, but many of the lists have lost their end of line formatting. There are 4 lists here: Luzerne County, Pennsylvania (PA) 10 Codes and Maps, and here is one of the Codes List: Tri-Community VFD from the same Hamilton County, Tennessee (TN) 10 Codes and Maps list. These were all single column lists as opposed to the Codes List: Chattanooga Police 400 Codes & D Codes
This happens in FF 3.08 and IE 7.0537.13.

As Lou points out, tables seem to work, but do we have to go back and make tables out of all these text lists?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
...As Lou points out, tables seem to work, but do we have to go back and make tables out of all these text lists?
capt_clint,
No, tables do not have to be made from them, indeed I fixed the first three of the Lucerne Co. lists but need to get back to the regular grind here. Make a note of the lists as you find them, including the ones above I haven't fixed and do a submission on the page to fix the list.

It took the first three to figure out I don't know what happened or what was wrong with them. :lol:

But basically the admin just needs to copy the source into notepad and strip "<br />" that is there and replace it with a "<br>". When applied it will change it again to "<br />" but it will be spaced right. Not sure what is going on there but in any case as you find them just report them. Multi column lists are a different breed and probably will have to be turned into tables.

SCPD

QRT
After seeing the Tri-Community page, the problem with the Chattanooga page pales by comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.