Alpha Tags on downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
It has probably been addressed already but my question is; If you go through the trouble of putting alpha tags in the database, why are they not in the downloads for the scanner. The info in the alpha tags are right on but of course all you get in the download is the text from the description.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
It depends what program you are using to download with. Even then, all the programs I've used have had a setting to decide whether to use the alias text (alpha tags) or desc.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
I use Win95,96,97 and 500 and they all have the option to use Alpa Tag's when doing a web import.if you have one of these it is there.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
It has probably been addressed already but my question is; If you go through the trouble of putting alpha tags in the database, why are they not in the downloads for the scanner. The info in the alpha tags are right on but of course all you get in the download is the text from the description.
The "Alpha Tags" are provided in the web service. It is up to your software vendor to take advantage of them.

MFD4305

One That Works

From personal experience: FreeScan allows the user to choose which one of several fields in a download from RR Database to use as the alpha tag; i.e. what text shows up on the scanner's display.

{full disclosure - I have no interest or involvement in this software; I'm only a satisfied user.}

:)

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
I use Win95,96,97 and 500 and they all have the option to use Alpa Tag's when doing a web import.if you have one of these it is there.

I also use Win 97. It does that for Trunked systems, but not for conventional. Conventional systems don't give you a choice...it uses the first how-ever-many characters of the description field. Just tested it to confirm that.

I'm running Win 97 version 1.13. Is there a newer version?

EDIT: I found it myself. Version 1.21 is out, and according to the revision log they added the ability to choose for conventional channels a couple revisions ago. Never mind... :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.