Database Search Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
I was attempting to identify a new logging this morning ... an EMS agency using 462.950 MHz with a DPL of 115.

I live on the S.C. / N.C. state line, but also receive alot of northern Ga. and southern Va. communications during any moderate tropo conditions.

I twice entered "462.9500 / 115DPL / entire database" in the RR database search engine, and the query came back as nothing found.

I then went through some notes I maintain regarding information posted in the RR forums, and found a mention of Randolph County, N.C. EMS switching from a PL tone of 151.4 to a DPL of 115 on 462.950. That information had already been updated in the N.C. section of the RR database.

So, I went back to the search engine, and entered "462.9500 / 115DPL / North Carolina." This time, the search engine listed all agencies licensed for 462.950 in N.C.

In summary, the search engine provided no results when I searched the entire database for a frequency / tone that is in the database. And, when I searched for the same frequency / tone in a particular state, the search engine reported all licenses for the frequency, without consideration of the tone specified.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ahh... I see what you are seeing.

What happened is when you searched for 462.950 with a DPL of 115 - both queries (entire database and just north Carolina) are not returning any records for identified frequency searches... even the North Carolina return doesn't have any records.

However, what you are seeing in the North Carolina search results are FCC licenses. What we do (to help users) for identified frequency search is to return FCC licenses in that state if the query doesn't find any identified frequencies in the database.

Unfortunately, there just isn't any entry in the entire database for 462.95 with a DPL of 115.

Warm regards,

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
Lindsay -

It simply took a little sleep to realize what the "problem" was.

The entry listed under Randolph County, N.C. has a DPL of 155. What I was searching for in the database was 115DPL. The search engine works just fine when 155DPL is entered.

I'll have to "sit" on the frequency for awhile and verify - or correct - my original logging.

I apologize for my error. I also thank you for your time, and mentioning how the database would return all licensees for a frequency in a particular state when it could not find a specified PL / DPL. I was not aware of that feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.