Frs/gmrs frequncies

Status
Not open for further replies.

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
now residing in Ocala, Florida since 1999
Greetings, I would like to import FRS, GMRS, and the Marine radio frequencies into my scanner via scanner programming software instead of programming my scanner manually... I could not locate this thru the many posts on the subject, but is there a way to incorporate the FRS freq's as well as GMRS freq's and maybe even the marine freq's into the database for members to download into scanners? These are standard channels, and they are often quite busy with communications, and I didn't see a way in which I could import them directly from the RR database via my scanner programming software. I think it would be nice to have a link on each states database page for ease of importation of these frequencies... unless its already in here somewhere and I just accidently overlooked it. Thanks all.

hfxChris

Database Admin
He probably knows that, the question was whether or not they're in the database so he can import them using his programming software, which they're not. Unfortunately.
Unless somebody has a saved file for the programming software he uses that he can use to copy/import from, it'll probably have to be done manually.
And since I know somebody is probably going to mention that most scanners have search bands for things like FRS/GMRS and marine, on a lot of scanners you can't scan anything else while you're scanning one of the search bands.

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
thanks for your insight

He probably knows that, the question was whether or not they're in the database so he can import them using his programming software, which they're not. Unfortunately.
Unless somebody has a saved file for the programming software he uses that he can use to copy/import from, it'll probably have to be done manually.
And since I know somebody is probably going to mention that most scanners have search bands for things like FRS/GMRS and marine, on a lot of scanners you can't scan anything else while you're scanning one of the search bands.

thank you for your insight... I just thought since those frequencies were sort of universal or nationally recognized standard channels, I thought a DB link would be neat. There are quite a few channels per system, on various systems, therefore, I would prefer to import them in an easy fashion using programming software and our RR DB. The standard US Rail Road operating frequencies might be another importation link for the DB admins to consider. Maybe a new feature, such as a new drop down when in the DB for importation could be called "Nationally recognized US Frequencies" or "US Standard Operating Channels" and I do believe it would quickly become a popular feature for the Premium subscriber membership.

Thanks again.

Kevin Hoelldobler
Florida, U.S.A.

Thanking you all again for your knoweledge and support in this matter.

cubn

Database Admin
While not directly importable, as data from the database is, things like FRS/GMRS and Railroad freqs are linked in our wiki...

Category:US and Canadian Common Frequencies - The RadioReference Wiki

I have not tried it lately, but screen scraping programs like that found in FreeScan (called EZ-Grab) might work with a little tweaking

73 Mike

I always copy and paste the info from webpages into Excel or OpenOffice Calc and format them and then paste it into the software. It works better copying from IE to Excel than from Firefox to Excel. Copying lists from PDFs to Excel is a nightmare since the column formatting doesn't carry over when pasting into Excel so I end up retyping everything.

The "text to columns" in Excel feature is invaluable for copying frequencies from sources and for creating list to paste to wiki pages. OpenOffice has an extension which does the same thing.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
They are not in the database, as you have found. These frequencies are well known and indeed are pre-programmed in most scanners sold in the past 10 years. We will not be placing them in the DB.

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
Here Kevin, I have included a CSV file inside of the zip file that includes FRS, GMRS and CB frequencies. It is a CSV file so it should work with most any programming software (this export was with FreeScan for a BCT15/BCD996T). I hope this is helpful.

Attachments

• FRS-GMRS-CB.csv.zip
    701 bytes · Views: 425

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
thank you

Here Kevin, I have included a CSV file inside of the zip file that includes FRS, GMRS and CB frequencies. It is a CSV file so it should work with most any programming software (this export was with FreeScan for a BCT15/BCD996T). I hope this is helpful.

Thanks soo much for the file... I appreciate it !! Have a gr8 day.

canav844

Thank you. This will make life much easier to get these into both the Scanner banks for easy monitoring and into the HAM radio's for the same purpose, and those don't come pre-programmed.

Hopefully Uniden pre-programming some of the more popular systems out there won't lead to those being wiped off the DB too.:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.