"Updated in the last 24 hrs"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIODTL1997

Premium Subscriber
I've been noticing that when an agency, county, system, etc. is highlighted in GREEN, indicating that it has been recently modified, I navigate to that area and there is no specific update shown. Please fix this or explain what I'm missing.

Thanks.

(see attachment)

Attachments

• 24Hrs.JPG
    24Hrs.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 234

mciupa

If it isn't obvious when you view the main page, then the next place to look is on that county page itself and click the Last Udpated.

There it will give details of which category or sub-category was changed.

When I look at Essex Last Updated, it tells me that an entry in Schools and Universities was recently changed.

In Monmouth, I suspect that the announcement for the impending change for the VHF paging on May 1st is the recent modification.

Hope your NJ Admins can chime in here, I'm just telling you what I see from those county pages. :)

Since you are a Premium Subscriber, you can quickly upload those pages and keep them up to date.

BIODTL1997

Premium Subscriber
Thanks very much! I was unaware of that hyperlink hiding up in the top right corner.

I assumed it was something buried in the sub-directories but with the amount of entries in NJ alone, that was not a small feat to accomplish. I see the light.

Thanks.

BIODTL1997

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately, this still doesn't show what the update was:

MONMOUTH COUNTY
"Changed Subcategory Details For: New Monmouth County Fire/EMS VHF Paging and Response System"

What details were changed?

ESSEX COUNTY
"Frequencies Updated (Updated: 1, Deleted 0) for Schools and Universities"

What frequency was updated?

kma371

QRT
If a specific listing is not highlighted it was likely an insignificant change such as a spelling error or change to description/alpha tag. Basically something that wasn't a frequency change and shouldn't affect monitoring.

If you want additional information, suggest you contact the individual db admin that made the change.

BIODTL1997

Premium Subscriber
I disagree with your solution. I suggest that there are notes available to the premium subscriber that clearly states what was changed. Either that or change the policy of the notification to only update when a significant change to the frequency/talkgroup data is changed.

Does that make sense?

kma371

QRT
Yes it does make sense, but that's not how it works due to limitations of the website.

See post 3 that gives a clear explanation and also suggests contacting the admin who made the change If the other suggestions aren't to your satisfaction

Sorry

BIODTL1997

Premium Subscriber
No need to apologize, it's not your website :)

I'm simply voicing constructive criticism that may result in progressive changes to RadioReference and in turn, may save some people time and frustration.

Perhaps this will be seen by the development team and taken into consideration. BTW "Limitations" is a very taboo word to use in the IT world. ;)

kma371

QRT
Well as you can see, this subject comes up so often that there is a specific post we refer people to. You're def not the first to bring it up nor be the last :)

I think if it was fixable it would have been done

Status
Not open for further replies.