Moderator deletes post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Why can a moderator delete my info to the database without them sending me a PM why they did it?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
In reviewing your post history, I don't see any deleted posts.

Moderators should leave a note in the thread, send you a PM or email or issue you a warning or infraction when deleting a post.

SCPD

QRT
It was info I submitted to the Database, not a post. The frequency is still used by the FD that I submitted it under.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Sorry but I assumed you were talking about a deleted post since you posted in the Forums Administration forum which has nothing to do with the database.

I'll move your post to the Database Administration forum.

SCPD

QRT
I submitted the info the correct way.Also, I never got an answer back from the moderator who deleted the post as to why.I guess I'm not worth the time to answer my question. I guess I don't need to submit anymore info to this website.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
The last rejected submission you had was in March of 2014.

The last submission that was worked was June 26th by W2GLD.

I suggest you contact him to find out what changed.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
From reading the OP's posts, I get the impression that he submitted info at sometime in the past and then recently, it was deleted in another update. ie someone submitted a newer submission asking it be removed (perhaps falsely believing it was no longer used).
OP, what are the details - which DB page, agency and freq?

SCPD

QRT
New Jersey
Morris County
Rockaway Borough
Fire Department
Vehicle Repeater

The other day I noticed that Morris County was highlighted in the database, and when I checked it out, I noticed that my submission was deleted. I did send powermax58 a pm, to ask why it was deleted and have not gotten an answer.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Here's the submission which removed the frequency from the database:

Rockaway Boro

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
153.83000 RM RB Fire Rpt. Fire Department Operations FMN Fire-Talk

The above information is depreciated. The department no longer has VHF radios besides interop. All operations are on county firegrounds.

So..... somebody submitted that the frequency was no longer in use. Powermax58 trusted the submitter and marked the frequency as Deprecated.

If you disagree, I would post your displeasure about it in the New Jersey forum. That way, others in the area can verify if the frequency is still in user.

As for the DB Admin not contacting you before the change was made, that's standard procedure. It would be way too time consuming to try and figure out who submitted the frequency in the first place and contact them for their approval to remove it.

Voyager

It makes sense that they would put a mobile repeater on a band where they don't have 'regular use'. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist. But, I've run into issues with the dB admins "knowing more than the radio shops", and changing submissions that I just don't bother anymore. Yes, it makes you feel that your submissions are not wanted. Three times I got fed up with the "superior knowledge" and "policy issues", so I'm not sure I will ever try submitting things again. I'm fine with using the local resources for the correct information.

mciupa

It is absurd to think that submissions are not wanted here. Reconsider submitting future information that will benefit the membership. If you don't, I hope your local resources would at some point submit the information.

I would take your issues up with the particular DB Admin who misinterprets your information and be persistent until it is proper.

It's really all about communicating the message clearly.

Voyager

No, the communication is fine. I'll give you a specific example. For years, the sites on ICORRS (Inter County Regional Radio System) Trunking System, Multiple, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies were correct (Site 1: Southwest / Site 2: North & East). This perfectly matches the map on the wall at the 911 center. Picture a square divided into 4 quadrants. The lower left is SW and the other three are N&E. Got the picture? Now, the local admin decides he wants to label the sites East and West, and says they are divided by a line running north and south. Well, for 3/4 of the county, it makes no difference. But when you try to explain to someone who lives in the NW quadrant of the count that their local site is the Eastern site, they tend to think you're on crack. No, I'm not on crack - it's the local admin who might be.

So, no, there is no miscommunication and there is no wanting correct information. It's ALL about what the local admin wants. I complained when the information was corrupted, and was basically told too bad - that's the way he sees it. After all, what does 911 know about their system, right?

As for my information, as it comes right from the system radios, I have little doubt it is accurate. I could cite a few more similar examples, but that exemplifies the situation quite well enough.

As for my changing my mind, I hope you can see where I seriously doubt that will happen. I will help the locals, but the third time submitting information only to have it ignored "per policy", and the above subsequent case pretty much tells me my input is NOT wanted.

That said, some admins out there are vastly different, and I respect them and the job they (you) do. But, I've had enough. I will continue to help users, and even refer them to the database for issues I am not familiar with, but always with the caveat that it may not be accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.