"missed" / ignored submissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

I took a look at the submission and saw that it is owned by Brian. He may have the explanation as to why it is still pending.

Please contact him via PM or e-mail.

CanesFan95

Is there any way to see where our open submissions are in the queue? Thanks.

mciupa

Is there any way to see where our open submissions are in the queue? Thanks.

I think if you click on your User Name, a box will open with five options, the top one will say:

Homeboys-Scanna

View RadioReference Public Profile

If you click that link, the bottom of the page should have all your submissions. I see you have many waiting to be worked. No one has taken ownership of them right now.

CanesFan95

That doesn't seem to show DB submissions, only forum posts. There's a different way I can see DB submissions, but it only shows them as Open without any queue number.

nd5y

I have made several submissions in Texas that contained multiple entries where some of the data was either ignored or the admin couldn't follow instructions and got it wrong. I don't seem to have that problem with the Oklahoma admins.

Sometimes it's the other way around. I have accidently submitted something with a typo or error, noticed it months later and submitted a correction.

There are things in the database that are obviously bogus, but not in my area so I don't do anything about it. There are things that I know have to exist but can't personally confirm it so I don't sumit anything.

The database is just the tip of a large iceberg. A lot of things are missing. A lot lot of the information appears to me to be obsolete or was never correct from the beginning. People should not blindly rely solely on the database.

kma371

QRT
That's what I've been looking at, but I don't see where each submission is in the queue. They just posted one of them (ticket #[FONT=&quot]170671)[/FONT], but it needed a correction, so I submitted another ticket.

In the future , Instead of submitting a new ticket, you can add a note to the existing ticket.

CanesFan95

Well, actually, I didn't see an option to add a note to it. The little plus sign thingy that you normally can click on to add a note wasn't there.

CanesFan95

Well, the same thing happened on ticket #170679. Each frequency gets 2 LCNs on 2-slot TDMA. So, I submitted another correction via ticket #171421.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Well, the same thing happened on ticket #170679. Each frequency gets 2 LCNs on 2-slot TDMA. So, I submitted another correction via ticket #171421.

No, each frequency gets one LCN.

The system that has been decided on uses one LCN per frequency. They're calling each individual timeslot an LSN.

QDP2012

No, each frequency gets one LCN.

The system that has been decided on uses one LCN per frequency. They're calling each individual timeslot an LSN.

LCN is defined in the Wiki's glossaries. LSN probably should be.
LCN = Logical Channel Number
Is LSN = Logical Slot Number?

Does the term "LSN" relate strictly and only to the LCN as an element of only an EDACS or LTR system?
Or is the term "LSN" also used when referencing other time-slots, like a 2-slot TDMA signal on a P25 system, etc.?

(Edit: In the Wiki, the definition of LCN was last updated in 2007, so maybe it needs some work too.)

Thanks,

Last edited:

cajunjerry

The only problem I have with the databases is sometimes a new submission is green, but never shows up then goes to yellow and still nothing new.

QDP2012

The only problem I have with the databases is sometimes a new submission is green, but never shows up then goes to yellow and still nothing new.

You might already be doing this, but when you see a "green" or "yellow" county and don't see the change on the county's primary page, be sure to check the "Trunked Radio Systems" page, too. If that doesn't show the change, then check the "Last Updated' log, because the change might have been a deletion, not an addition.

Hope this helps,

D

DaveNF2G

Unfortunately for hams who are also RRDB users, commercial DMR gear uses LCN instead of LSN, and requires each frequency to be entered once for each slot. The DB's conventions are confusing if you're coming from that environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.