Is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
Or is there too much overlap and redundancy in these database entries?

I live in an area where I clearly receive signals from four states. Unfortunately, the area doesn't really consider itself a "quad state area" or even a "tri state". Top it off, I'm in the deep fringe of the DC metro area. So there's a lot going on, naturally. But not much standardization when it comes to the database.

For example, most of the time I couldn't give a you-know-what about trains. On my BCD436HP, easy enough to turn them off. But, someone in one of the database areas thought they were being slick by putting AMTRAK under "Federal". Yeah, yeah, we know, they're subsidized by the taxpayers. But it's still a train system. And then some genius in Maryland has federal agencies listed under a county. Then there are state agencies listed under local municipalities, etc. I could go on and on. How come there is no uniformity? Why does the 'flavor' of the database seem to change so drastically sometimes from area to area? I would've thought there would be some sort of strict stndard every contribution and/or db admin would have to meet...

ecps92

Uniformity, clarity is also based on regional knowledge.

Amtrak, yes - subsidized, but they also go to FLETC, so...yes Federal

Same as learning what a Bus is....some places it's Yellow, others it has fancy Red/Blue flashing lights and a siren

"Send me another truck" - dump ? Ladder ?, Tower ? Quint...

Make a submission to suggest getting it changed.
Go to the RRDB and use the Submit Tab

Or is there too much overlap and redundancy in these database entries?

I live in an area where I clearly receive signals from four states. Unfortunately, the area doesn't really consider itself a "quad state area" or even a "tri state". Top it off, I'm in the deep fringe of the DC metro area. So there's a lot going on, naturally. But not much standardization when it comes to the database.

For example, most of the time I couldn't give a you-know-what about trains. On my BCD436HP, easy enough to turn them off. But, someone in one of the database areas thought they were being slick by putting AMTRAK under "Federal". Yeah, yeah, we know, they're subsidized by the taxpayers. But it's still a train system. And then some genius in Maryland has federal agencies listed under a county. Then there are state agencies listed under local municipalities, etc. I could go on and on. How come there is no uniformity? Why does the 'flavor' of the database seem to change so drastically sometimes from area to area? I would've thought there would be some sort of strict stndard every contribution and/or db admin would have to meet...

Status
Not open for further replies.