Guide for reporting DMR frequencies/talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonHanson

Is there a guide to how and what to report for DMR frequency/talkgroup information for the database? The obvious things are the Color Code, frequency/talkgroup, DMR type, but what about the Time Slot information? I was monitoring my DMR system at work and for that all of the talkgroups appeared on pretty much on either Time Slot but I'm sure I saw someone else talk about another system where the Time Slot was being used like a channel and only certain talkgroups were on specific Time Slots so I was wondering how closely the Time Slot to talkgroup needs to be monitored for an accurate database entry.

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
If it's a single frequency, submit the frequency, colour code, talkgroups, and time slots if known...

If it's a system follow the same as you would for any other system with the information above and the LCN's or LSN's, the admins will make sure it's correct when they enter it

Technoguy58

This may have been answered somewhere else but I could not find it. What kind of system is a "DMR" system? I know the modulation or emission is digital but specifically what is the system type? Is it closer to an LTR system or what? If a system uses a combination of analog and digital, can a non dmr scanner monitor the analog transmissions? If so, what kind of system would be used as the system type when programming it in the scanner? I hope these questions make sense to you people. Just wondering.

JonHanson

DMR is a new digital conventional and trunked type. You need a scanner that can decode the digital DMR data in order to hear it. There is no analog component. Search in the wiki here for how it works but you basically can put two voice channels on one frequency.

w4amp

Premium Subscriber
Most DMR systems are correct in the RR data base. When using ARC536 and the RR download tool all sites show only one frequency out of many. Why is that?

I know how to put them in manually but the program would be much faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.