Unknown TGID

Status
Not open for further replies.

bltaylor86

I have about a dozen or so unknown TGIDs I've come across doing ID Search. It wasn't intentional as much as playing with the new scanner and figuring it out. I had someone tell me to submit the info. Problem is when I read how to submit I don't have all the info being asked for. All I've got is the TGIDs and the system they fall under. I do not have departments or channel names. I'm not really new to scanning but these trunked systems are new for me.

I was hoping someone could direct me to where I can submit the info or how I can gather the info needed to submit or if someone on here can help me getting the info. The TGIDs are in Central MS delta area.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
You could hold on an unknown id for a while and monitor the traffic. Over time you will gather if its public works, dog catchers, police or fire. Often times someone will mention a name of a channel.
Once you know its a fire channel then try to add it to a fire scan list and someone may say to go to channel xx and a few seconds later that unknown channel may be active.
It doesnt help to submit a channel unless you do know if its police or fire or wreckers or public works..

bltaylor86

Ok. I didn't know how new information gets collected and uploaded. It's all a mystery to me but I'll do what I can and hopefully be able to submit them for adding in. Thanks.

nd5y

The admins will not allow unidentified stuff in the database like a talkgroup with no other details.
Click on the wiki button on the trunked system's database page and see if there is an associated wiki article. You could create a wiki article for unidentified talkgroups and store the ones you find in it until they can be identified and submitted.

Here are some examples:
Wichita Falls Public Safety Unknown Talkgroups - The RadioReference Wiki
Fort Sill Army Post Unknown Talkgroups - The RadioReference Wiki
Oklahoma Wireless Information Network (OKWIN) - Unconfirmed or Unidentified Talkgroups by Site - The RadioReference Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.