RadioReference.com Database Query

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings member's, I have been using the programming software entitled "Chirp" for a couple of month and when I perform a RadioReference.com database query, the result's I receive do not coincide with the RadioReference.com's database. The channels are shuffled. The PL & DPL tones are okay. The offset's are not provided as when I first performed a query using Chirp. Does anyone have any idea why my query result's are misinformation? Thank you member's!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This has more to do with how the software is polling the data, I'm quite sure. It's not the data itself, otherwise all the other apps would be having the same problem. I don't think they are using the web service exactly as it's intended.

The way to confirm that would be to do the same query using one of the popular packages, and check the results.

Mike

Reply to Mike's reply.

Thank you so much for commenting to my post Mike! I am not very knowledgeable with Chirp at this time. Sad to say, I have a brain disease that is serious and I have lost approximately 70% of my intellect. Thus, I did not understand your suggestions. Most literature I must read 5, maybe 10 times before I comprehend the material. I have been taking the ARRL Practice Exams. daily for the Technician Exam. I use to be a journeyman electrician before I was declared disabled. The Exams. are tough for me to get through. I have been scoring 66%-88% at this point. I will read your comment a few more times so that I may comprehend your suggestions. Kind regards, Mark D. Miller.

Status
Not open for further replies.