RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Database Discussion Forum

Database Discussion Forum - This forum is for questions about the database such as how to use it, layout or usability issues or suggestions for improvement. It is not for pointing out wrong information or getting help with programming.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2017, 7:57 PM
Moderator---not censor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Fort Bend County, Texas

Maybe I'm missing it, but I see no entry for the FBCSO or mention that EMS is trunked.

Fort Bend County, Texas (TX) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

I know what they use, so that's not the issue. The issue is I see no category for the SO or EMS...or Stafford, Sugarland, Missouri City and on and on...
Old 03-30-2017, 8:28 PM

Look under the Texas wide area network p25 phase 2 system

Fort Bend Sheriff, EMS talkgroups, etc.
Lots of different counties are on this trunked system, which has a few different sites in Fort Bend County, Texas

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others
Old 03-31-2017, 11:37 AM
Moderator---not censor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmith View Post
Look under the Texas wide area network p25 phase 2 system

Fort Bend Sheriff, EMS talkgroups, etc.
Lots of different counties are on this trunked system, which has a few different sites in Fort Bend County, Texas

Mark
Sigh...I know what they use. My point (as stated in my original message) is there is absolutely no category for them or ANY city in Ft Bend County.

If I'm Joe Scanner and have no idea what they use I have no indication that they are using TxWARN.

Take Williamson County as an example...

Williamson County, Texas (TX) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

It has categories for the SO even they are 100% trunked.

Fort Bend County doesn't even show a SO category...

Fort Bend County, Texas (TX) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
Old 04-01-2017, 8:55 AM
Moderator---not censor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I asked one of the awesome DB admins to fix this...DONE. Thanks Eric!
Old 04-01-2017, 9:15 AM

This is true throughout the entire database. In all states. I doubt any "fix" will occur in your one instance, as thousands of changes would be required throughout the database to conform all records to what you are suggesting.

Any county that shares a statewide system in the entire database does not have its own county system entry because that would be misrepresenting the system it is on.

Mark

Last edited by KevinC; 04-01-2017 at 11:04 AM..
Sponsored links
Old 04-01-2017, 9:57 AM

All I am saying is Joe Scanner up here in Maryland figured it out, and you figured it out.

Maybe because the txWARN system is listed on that county's page (and subset in the Sentinel database), Joe scanner from Texas maybe isn't getting enough credit in terms of being able to figure it out.

Mark
Old 04-01-2017, 11:05 AM
Moderator---not censor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
This is true throughout the entire database. In all states. I doubt any "fix" will occur in your one instance, as thousands of changes would be required throughout the database to conform all records to what you are suggesting.

Any county that shares a statewide system in the entire database does not have its own county system entry because that would be misrepresenting the system it is on.

Mark
OK, I guess what Eric did was completely useless then. I'll ask him to undo it.
Old 04-01-2017, 1:57 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:

Mark
Quote:
All I am saying is Joe Scanner up here in Maryland figured it out, and you figured it out.

Maybe because the txWARN system is listed on that county's page (and subset in the Sentinel database), Joe scanner from Texas maybe isn't getting enough credit in terms of being able to figure it out.

Mark
You seem to be unaware of the fact that we have a way to link trunked systems to different sections (subcategories) of a database page, which is called 'Related Trunked System'. It's a very easy procedure and is the preferred method of indicating that such and such an agency operates on a given trunked system. That is what Kevin was asking about, and what Eric correctly fixed on the Fort Bend County page.

Last edited by GTR8000; 04-01-2017 at 2:18 PM..
Old 04-01-2017, 2:08 PM

Not pasting anything. Using Tapatalk app signature.

Mark
Old 04-12-2017, 12:30 PM

If someone does not see the particular agency they are looking for they why would they not simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and see the listing for "All trunked systems in xxxx County" and look at those systems to find the agency they are looking for? My job takes me to many different places and that is what I do before leaving. I check the county I am going to and if I don't see public safety agencies listed then I scroll down to the trunked system list and look at those since most public safety agencies are trunked now anyway.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim-B View Post
If someone does not see the particular agency they are looking for they why would they not simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and see the listing for "All trunked systems in xxxx County" and look at those systems to find the agency they are looking for? My job takes me to many different places and that is what I do before leaving. I check the county I am going to and if I don't see public safety agencies listed then I scroll down to the trunked system list and look at those since most public safety agencies are trunked now anyway.
Exactly.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others
Old 04-20-2017, 12:58 PM
Technischer Guru
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim-B View Post
Unfortunately, many people don't think to do that. If there isn't an explicit listing that says "Agency X" they get befuddled and don't look any farther, or jump to the forum to ask for someone to give it to them (or at least tell them where it is). I've even forgotten to do it myself on occasion.

I don't know if it's a symptom of the "hand it to me on a silver platter" mentality that's all too common these days or not, but I've seen it often.

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.

Last edited by wa8pyr; 04-20-2017 at 3:07 PM..
Old 04-20-2017, 1:50 PM
Moderator---not censor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I appreciate everyone beating me up over this. And so you all know, what I requested is how the Fort Bend County listing used to be...for years...something changed and all those smaller agencies (even the S.O) disappeared.

With that, I'm closing this since the issue...or non-issue in most people's eyes ...has been resolved.