RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Database Discussion Forum


Database Discussion Forum - This forum is for questions about the database such as how to use it, layout or usability issues or suggestions for improvement. It is not for pointing out wrong information or getting help with programming.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-30-2017, 7:57 PM
KevinC's Avatar
Moderator---not censor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Unincorporated Ft. Bend County
Posts: 3,007
Default Fort Bend County, Texas

Maybe I'm missing it, but I see no entry for the FBCSO or mention that EMS is trunked.

Fort Bend County, Texas (TX) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

I know what they use, so that's not the issue. The issue is I see no category for the SO or EMS...or Stafford, Sugarland, Missouri City and on and on...
__________________
Someone told me signatures are silly, so I got rid of mine.
Sponsored links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-30-2017, 8:28 PM
marksmith's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anne Arundel County, MD
Posts: 3,623
Default

Look under the Texas wide area network p25 phase 2 system

Fort Bend Sheriff, EMS talkgroups, etc.
Lots of different counties are on this trunked system, which has a few different sites in Fort Bend County, Texas

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2017, 11:37 AM
KevinC's Avatar
Moderator---not censor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Unincorporated Ft. Bend County
Posts: 3,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmith View Post
Look under the Texas wide area network p25 phase 2 system

Fort Bend Sheriff, EMS talkgroups, etc.
Lots of different counties are on this trunked system, which has a few different sites in Fort Bend County, Texas

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others
Sigh...I know what they use. My point (as stated in my original message) is there is absolutely no category for them or ANY city in Ft Bend County.

If I'm Joe Scanner and have no idea what they use I have no indication that they are using TxWARN.

Take Williamson County as an example...

Williamson County, Texas (TX) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

It has categories for the SO even they are 100% trunked.

Fort Bend County doesn't even show a SO category...

Fort Bend County, Texas (TX) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
__________________
Someone told me signatures are silly, so I got rid of mine.
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2017, 8:55 AM
KevinC's Avatar
Moderator---not censor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Unincorporated Ft. Bend County
Posts: 3,007
Default

I asked one of the awesome DB admins to fix this...DONE. Thanks Eric!
__________________
Someone told me signatures are silly, so I got rid of mine.
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2017, 9:15 AM
marksmith's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anne Arundel County, MD
Posts: 3,623
Default

This is true throughout the entire database. In all states. I doubt any "fix" will occur in your one instance, as thousands of changes would be required throughout the database to conform all records to what you are suggesting.

Any county that shares a statewide system in the entire database does not have its own county system entry because that would be misrepresenting the system it is on.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

Last edited by KevinC; 04-01-2017 at 11:04 AM..
Sponsored links
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2017, 9:57 AM
marksmith's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anne Arundel County, MD
Posts: 3,623
Default

All I am saying is Joe Scanner up here in Maryland figured it out, and you figured it out.

Maybe because the txWARN system is listed on that county's page (and subset in the Sentinel database), Joe scanner from Texas maybe isn't getting enough credit in terms of being able to figure it out.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2017, 11:05 AM
KevinC's Avatar
Moderator---not censor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Unincorporated Ft. Bend County
Posts: 3,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmith View Post
This is true throughout the entire database. In all states. I doubt any "fix" will occur in your one instance, as thousands of changes would be required throughout the database to conform all records to what you are suggesting.

Any county that shares a statewide system in the entire database does not have its own county system entry because that would be misrepresenting the system it is on.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others
OK, I guess what Eric did was completely useless then. I'll ask him to undo it.
__________________
Someone told me signatures are silly, so I got rid of mine.
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2017, 1:57 PM
Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmith View Post
This is true throughout the entire database. In all states. I doubt any "fix" will occur in your one instance, as thousands of changes would be required throughout the database to conform all records to what you are suggesting.

Any county that shares a statewide system in the entire database does not have its own county system entry because that would be misrepresenting the system it is on.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmith View Post
All I am saying is Joe Scanner up here in Maryland figured it out, and you figured it out.

Maybe because the txWARN system is listed on that county's page (and subset in the Sentinel database), Joe scanner from Texas maybe isn't getting enough credit in terms of being able to figure it out.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others
You seem to be unaware of the fact that we have a way to link trunked systems to different sections (subcategories) of a database page, which is called 'Related Trunked System'. It's a very easy procedure and is the preferred method of indicating that such and such an agency operates on a given trunked system. That is what Kevin was asking about, and what Eric correctly fixed on the Fort Bend County page.

Last edited by GTR8000; 04-01-2017 at 2:18 PM..
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2017, 2:08 PM
marksmith's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anne Arundel County, MD
Posts: 3,623
Default

Not pasting anything. Using Tapatalk app signature.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2017, 12:30 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 371
Default

If someone does not see the particular agency they are looking for they why would they not simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and see the listing for "All trunked systems in xxxx County" and look at those systems to find the agency they are looking for? My job takes me to many different places and that is what I do before leaving. I check the county I am going to and if I don't see public safety agencies listed then I scroll down to the trunked system list and look at those since most public safety agencies are trunked now anyway.
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2017, 12:46 PM
marksmith's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anne Arundel County, MD
Posts: 3,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim-B View Post
If someone does not see the particular agency they are looking for they why would they not simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and see the listing for "All trunked systems in xxxx County" and look at those systems to find the agency they are looking for? My job takes me to many different places and that is what I do before leaving. I check the county I am going to and if I don't see public safety agencies listed then I scroll down to the trunked system list and look at those since most public safety agencies are trunked now anyway.
Exactly.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2017, 12:58 PM
wa8pyr's Avatar
Technischer Guru
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim-B View Post
If someone does not see the particular agency they are looking for they why would they not simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and see the listing for "All trunked systems in xxxx County" and look at those systems to find the agency they are looking for? My job takes me to many different places and that is what I do before leaving. I check the county I am going to and if I don't see public safety agencies listed then I scroll down to the trunked system list and look at those since most public safety agencies are trunked now anyway.
Unfortunately, many people don't think to do that. If there isn't an explicit listing that says "Agency X" they get befuddled and don't look any farther, or jump to the forum to ask for someone to give it to them (or at least tell them where it is). I've even forgotten to do it myself on occasion.

I don't know if it's a symptom of the "hand it to me on a silver platter" mentality that's all too common these days or not, but I've seen it often.
__________________
Tom Swisher, WA8PYR
Lead Database Administrator
PSR500/Pro197/Pro2035+OS535/BCD436HP/TRX-1

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.

Last edited by wa8pyr; 04-20-2017 at 3:07 PM..
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2017, 1:50 PM
KevinC's Avatar
Moderator---not censor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Unincorporated Ft. Bend County
Posts: 3,007
Default

I appreciate everyone beating me up over this. And so you all know, what I requested is how the Fort Bend County listing used to be...for years...something changed and all those smaller agencies (even the S.O) disappeared.

With that, I'm closing this since the issue...or non-issue in most people's eyes ...has been resolved.
__________________
Someone told me signatures are silly, so I got rid of mine.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions