Norman, Okla Police Dept

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCL32

Premium Subscriber
Recently attempted to tune into Norman PD which is operated under OKWIN digital network. I cannot pick them up on any of their channels. I'm wondering if they have changes freq's / radio ID's? I haven't done anything different to my scanner. I lock out their channels from time-to-time when I don't want to follow their traffic. Last listened to them about two months ago. I've double checked my programming against the database and all is correct... Listening from a RS Pro-106 handheld.

By the way, all other agencies come in fine.

Thanks.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Didn't they go back to own p25?

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Oops was thinking of another town. Norman is analog on the old OKWIN system. As is most of Cleveland County. Motorola type II. Has not upgraded to the P25 system there yet.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Oops was thinking of another town. Norman is analog on the old OKWIN system. As is most of Cleveland County. Motorola type II. Has not upgraded to the P25 system there yet.

Milf,
You may not be on the wrong track.

Look at this license for Norman. Trunked license, not currently in the database for that county (Cleveland).
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQJZ348

TCL32

Premium Subscriber
This info looks new to me... do I just program in all of those frequencies? I'm only interested in listening to the PD.

nd5y

First you need to program
as conventional analog channels and see if you hear anything at all. See if there is a control channel or if it sounds like digital voice channels.

This could be a new system or they could have added voice channels to the existing OKWIN Norman simulcast site.

TCL32

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, I need baby steps. So I program these freq's into my list for this existing talk system?

TCL32

Premium Subscriber
I've got a RS Pro-106 Handheld. I'm pretty familiar with the workings of the scanner, I just need to know where the freq's should be entered. I did as the other post suggested and only got the dispatch side of the transmission. I entered the freq's as conventional, same as if I were listening to an older UHF/VHF system. Or at least that's what I took from the post? I'm now going to just add those five freq's to the talk system and see if it works. Knowing the City of Norman, I doubt they have gone back to a conventional system. They are one of the more expensive municipalities in the metro.

TCL32

Premium Subscriber
Okay, that fixed it. I just entered those five into the talk system and I can hear all transmissions just fine.

nd5y

Just adding new frequencies to an existing trunked system will not work if one of them is a control channel for a different system.

Somebody that knows exactly what they are doing needs to examine this and see what it going on. That's why I said you need to monitor the new frequencies in conventional mode to see what they are used for.

You need to manually listen to each frequency for a few minutes and see if they are active. Try entering TUNE 854.0375 ENT and see if you hear anything. Do that for each one.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Its an OKWIN P25 site owned by county if its working like he says. Someone that knows how to really use an scanner and Pro96Com or UniTrunker needs to get near Norman and properly analyze that site for CC ACC NAC Site number etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.