Delay in addressing submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
I've made several attempts to offer assistance with database updates for my (or other) areas. However, I have never gotten a response from anyone - one way or another. Perhaps I just don't know the "proper" way to offer this assistance.

Part of the reason for making this offer: submissions for my area seem to take an unusually long time to be addressed. Case in point - I made a submission fully a week ago and it has yet to even be "assigned" to anyone as best I can tell. Even after assignment, it can then take another week or more to be posted.

I offer assistance more now than ever not only to help to improve turn around time but also because I am recently retired with lots of free time to help. I am a long time member of RR and have submitted hundreds of updates to the database over many, many years.

Hopefully, someone can get back to me and at least acknowledge that I've offered assistance - or even better, accept my offer to help.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Allright I had some free time during my lunch today and I believe I have us mostly caught up as far as NC submissions.

Marshall KE4ZNR

kma371

QRT
Thanks Marshall -- however, I would still like to hear from someone regarding my offer to assist....

Send an email to Tom letting him know you are interested in being an admin.

Additionally, admins are all volunteers so submissions may be delayed due to personal time constraints. Best advice is just to be patient.

mciupa

Looking at the roster for North Carolina database administrators, there are six statewide and a few others assigned to particular counties. Perhaps you could offer help to Brunswick County, specifically.

Of the six, four of them checked in as recently as yesterday, and one has even checked in today.
They seem to have the state well covered.

troymail

Silent Key
Looking at the roster for North Carolina database administrators, there are six statewide and a few others assigned to particular counties. Perhaps you could offer help to Brunswick County, specifically.

Of the six, four of them checked in as recently as yesterday, and one has even checked in today.
They seem to have the state well covered.

...and yet again I now (12/12/2017) have submissions that have been sitting for as much as 10 days with no action - not even assigned to anyone....

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
...and yet again I now (12/12/2017) have submissions that have been sitting for as much as 10 days with no action - not even assigned to anyone....

Dude....we get it that you wish to help out but busting balls is not the way to go about it.
Reminder that this is the Christmas season and we work the submissions as soon as we can.
I have caught up with your various submissions (which we do appreciate BTW) except for the one where a new DMR system will have to be created from scratch. Hopefully I can do that one before the end of day today.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.