Itinerant businesses in the database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teward

Premium Subscriber
This may seem like an odd question, but I know there's a set of itinerant business frequencies from the FCC within the Industrial/Business set of frequencies. I also know the entire set of itinerant frequencies is listed on the US Nationwide page.

However, if an individual company or group operates on the itinerant frequencies, with their own fleet of radios, specific alpha tags, and specific configurations (including DMR), is there space somewhere in the Database to put in details of these radios somewhere?

I know there is for standard coordinated frequencies, but wasn't sure about Itinerant businesses.

D

DaveNF2G

Any verified channel and user can be submitted to the database.

teward

Premium Subscriber
That begs a specific question from me.

My business was approved today on the Itinerant frequencies. We operate primarily in Pennsylvania, in both Allegheny County and Dauhpin County currently. I'm hesitant to submit it as a statewide entry, and the system doesn't give me a submit button for national itinerant businesses, so where should I submit it? Two submissions, one for each county, or one submission in one county and make a note it also applies to the other county as well?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
That begs a specific question from me.

My business was approved today on the Itinerant frequencies. We operate primarily in Pennsylvania, in both Allegheny County and Dauphin County currently. I'm hesitant to submit it as a statewide entry, and the system doesn't give me a submit button for national itinerant businesses, so where should I submit it? Two submissions, one for each county, or one submission in one county and make a note it also applies to the other county as well?

If it's a specific geographic area and you're using your own configuration (ie, something other than carrier squelch), you can submit that to the county you're based in using the Submit tab at the top of the page.

Since Allegheny and Dauphin are widely separated, you can ask that they be entered in both counties since you do business in both.

teward

Premium Subscriber
If it's a specific geographic area and you're using your own configuration (ie, something other than carrier squelch), you can submit that to the county you're based in using the Submit tab at the top of the page.

Since Allegheny and Dauphin are widely separated, you can ask that they be entered in both counties since you do business in both.

Indeed, we use our own configuration with CTCSS and DCS for individual configurations, and in both counties. (Though the config is identical).

I'll submit to Allegheny County because that's the primary control point on the FCC license, and then specify to add it to Dauphin county as well.

Thank you for your response.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Well, for one, your callsign listed in the submission is invalid, and there are no licenses for anything even close to the name of your company in either county. Your website is also non-functional.

I'm going to let one of the other PA admins deal with your submission. Forgive my skepticism about the validity & legitimacy of the info you provided...

teward

Premium Subscriber
Well, for one, your callsign listed in the submission is invalid, and there are no licenses for anything even close to the name of your company in either county. Your website is also non-functional.

I'm going to let one of the other PA admins deal with your submission. Forgive my skepticism about the validity & legitimacy of the info you provided...

You're free to reject, but if you do some research (such as searching the ULS data from the FCC itself -
ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WRAG898 - Ward, Thomas) you'll see the license *was* approved, pay attention to the "Contact" and "ATTN" line in the licensee and contact data where you'll see it's pointed at the business owner, myself, as it's a sole proprietorship. Where you're getting your FCC data dumps I'm not sure of, but I can say for sure that it's been approved since they sent me the official copy of the license *today*.

Sole Proprietorship, also, the FCC told me to file as myself as an individual. That's why the search for the company name doesn't show up. (They returned the application the first time, and their letter about why it was returned even detailed what needed to be changed for the Sole Proprietorship part of the application).

Search the PA corporation database (https://www.corporations.pa.gov/search/corpsearch) for "Dark-Net.IO", also, you also see my PA business listing as a "Fictitious Name", which is the "Doing Business As" part of the Sole Proprietorship.

I'm happy to argue with you otherwise, but I'm pretty certain it's legitimate. (As I said though, feel free to reject if you wish).

Last edited:

teward

Premium Subscriber
FYI,

The newer license won't show up on the RR FCC search till Monday.
RadioReference updates the FCC data dump on this site every Monday.
The FCC search option on this page.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/

That'd be nice to have known. Mind putting this information in the FAQ somewhere next time, or perhaps in nice bold letters on the search system? Also, W2SJW, this information would have been nice to know as well. Were you aware of this time-delay?

Wait until Monday then if you must to handle. The submission in question that I was just told off for by W2SJW is confirmed as legitimate by FCC information, and the specific submission, I've actually updated the information to include direct links. There's also a nice copy of the license available for viewing *on* our site, which is operational now because the caching system was serving everyone the 'offline' copy of the data. Stupid systems are stupid after all. That system's been removed from the equation.

teward

Premium Subscriber
Forgive my skepticism about the validity & legitimacy of the info you provided...

W2SJW:

Your skepticism is noted.

However, the implication that i'm a liar, however, whether it was your intention to imply that or not, is not immediately forgiven, especially since you decided to make it a more 'public' statement of that. That takes more time to forgive, and you can forgive me if I don't immediately forgive you for that implication.

That said the quite public implication made by this statement by you will be held against all of the RR staff, administrators, moderators, etc. as a blemish on what I considered to be an otherwise professional group of individuals who knew how to handle things without being outright accusatory, as you could have handled your response with more tact saying "Well, our data doesn't show this, and it may not be in the database here yet because we haven't had a data dump yet of updated data from the FCC." Rather that outright implying I may be submitting false data or otherwise faking the existence of a business entity. (There's may other ways to handle it that don't immediately come out and accuse someone of being a liar.) The acts of a single individual who is a member of a given entity or business can reflect poorly upon the rest of the entity or business or group, whether intended or not. This incident echoes this, and should be considered for the future in your responses to individuals.

Some notes: this is a valid business (since August if you search the PA corporations database) and license (since you seem to be relying on RR's out-of-sync data dumps of the ULS data and not actual ULS and didn't bother to research beyond RR's system). Feel free to not believe me if you wish, but please have some semblance of professionalism in the future instead of just implying or otherwise being implicitly accusatory about your point that I may be lying about the information I submitted or about the legitimacy of a business I run.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.