Handle things with professionalism next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teward

Premium Subscriber
I'm very annoyed today at RR.com's database admins for the PA region.

You can't just publicly go out and be implicitly accusatory that individuals are lying about either (a) owning a business or (b) having an FCC license. Especially with (b) because the RR data isn't updated as frequently. Don't go implicltly accusing someone of being a liar, you'll do that some day and get on the wrong side of a person.

Further, at least I have the decency to try to be professional with stating my skepticisms. You can't just outright say "Forgive my skepticism about the legitimacy of your submission or business" just because YOUR DATABASE IS OUT OF DATE. You need to learn how to be professional with your responses Database Administrators, and be less accusatory in your statements, especially in a public forum.

Professionalism is important. The acts of a single individual operating as an official representative of a company (and yes, RadioReference.com is an LLC and therefore a company) can tarnish the outwards-facing image of the entire business entity. And that's what's now happened here.

You want to be accusatory with me and call me a liar? Fine. Do it in private rather that be outright accusatory towards me. Don't give me or anyone else a reason to write rants like this one over your unprofessional handling of things.

TL;DR if you don't want to read my rant:

Avoid being accusatory towards people, DB Admins and Staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

mciupa

Database Admin
Do it in private

If you prefer privacy, then why air dirty laundry in the forum with this rant :confused:

In the court of public perception, whom do you think presents themselves as professional now?

teward

Premium Subscriber
If you prefer privacy, then why air dirty laundry in the forum with this rant :confused:

In the court of public perception, whom do you think presents themselves as professional now?

Y'know, this was originally in the Rants section of your forums. I put it there for a reason. The movement of it out of that section and into here puts yet another blemish on you guys. Perhaps reevaluate your own statement with this in mind - if the moderators want to move things that dont belong here to here, then that reinforces my original statements.

mciupa

Database Admin
I had nothing to do with the movement, so no re-evaluation on my comment.

I'm sorry that this site does not meet your expectations.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Y'know, this was originally in the Rants section of your forums. I put it there for a reason. The movement of it out of that section and into here puts yet another blemish on you guys. Perhaps reevaluate your own statement with this in mind - if the moderators want to move things that dont belong here to here, then that reinforces my original statements.

This may be of help to you...

https://forums.radioreference.com/f...707-complaints-toward-moderator-activity.html

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I moved it here since not everyone reads the Tavern forums and I think the DB Admins deserve a chance to defend themselves.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
teward, the database is only as good as the people who send in update information. This not the fault of the administrators. Much of what we have is by volunteers, not paid staff. Be part of the solution, not the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.