Identifying Peer Sites with radioreference

Status
Not open for further replies.

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
Using the radioreference database only, is there a way to identify Peer Sites (Towers) for a particular Site (Tower)? I did this once successfully with unitrunker but everytime I try to use that program it's a nightmare.

troymail

Silent Key
Using the radioreference database only, is there a way to identify Peer Sites (Towers) for a particular Site (Tower)? I did this once successfully with unitrunker but everytime I try to use that program it's a nightmare.

RRDB only? Not consistently.... Some users submit neighbor information and the DB Admins usually will post that information on the the site pages for the system.

Here is an example:
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?siteId=23720

Keep in mind that, like most everything on these systems, it is possible for the neighbors to change for one reason or another....

If you're working with a P25 system, I recommend Pro96Com. I typically only use Unitrunker for other than P25 systems.

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
Can you use Pro96Com with a SDR like RTL2838UHIDIR or similar? Not necessarily to decode and listen to P25 but to just identify P25 TGID's on each tower, peer towers and that sort of thing?

D

DaveNF2G

Pro96com development appears to have been frozen for at least a couple of years. It still only works with PC/IF equipped scanners (made by GRE). There is no support for other data sources. It's unfortunate, because it would be an extremely useful program with SDRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.