State/ County Name Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
I bit the bullet and upgraded to Windows 10. When I hover over a state or county in maps the name of the state/ county no longer displays. What change is required?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I bit the bullet and upgraded to Windows 10. When I hover over a state or county in maps the name of the state/ county no longer displays. What change is required?

Check your javascript permissions settings, as it may have something to do with that. Unfortunately I can't tell you how to go about it, since I went back to Windows 7 on my radio programming computer (Win10's mandatory updates broke it several times and I finally got fed up with having to fix it), and use Mac for most other stuff.

Micro$oft's rather inconsistently applied security for Win10 seems to allow some things that could be harmful, and to block other things that may not, or could be so stringent that nearly everything is blocked. On top of that, their forced updates policy may have caused your computer to download and install an update that broke something.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I'm not that tech savvy to do that. Like you I have an older machine running XP for my programming, that will do.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber

Most likely you're using Microsoft Edge, the browser include included with Windows 10. I recommend Firefox, others like Chrome. Edge has issues and limitations. It's a Microsoft creation after all. Other than that, Windows 10 should be fine.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Thanks, I'm not that tech savvy to do that. Like you I have an older machine running XP for my programming, that will do.

Wish I could stick with WinXP, but the newer Motorola stuff requires Win7 beyond a certain version and radios right out of the factory require the latest version of CPS, so I'm stuck.

I'm not looking forward to the day they decide Win10 is all they'll support, but I hope to be retired and not care by then. . .

Like the other commenter, I'd recommend trying Firefox to see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.