Site not showing up in state lstings

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
A site "attributed" to Branson, Missouri in the multi-state energy company "Entergy" does not show up in the trunked systems in Missouri nor in the appropriate county (Taney)

Branson, MO Site Details (Entergy (P25))

Other multi-state systems show up in each state for which there is a location in the database.

There is no license shown for this site - is this the reason when I look for it in Missouri it does not show up? Heard the control channel again today and some "neighbors" are different and could not find till I looked in Arkansas.

Or some error that is fixable?

W

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The unknown sites/locations in that system probably should have been in the wiki instead. Handy to have them in the DB, but not handy without county/state information. I have been told in the past that there are to be no trunked sites listed without a county/state associated with them. I've been told in the past that if I want to keep them in the database while their exact location is unknown, I would need to put a county in for them (and thus reasonably be able to estimate that the site was somewhere within that county). For the systems in the database that I touch, I was able to keep some sites and add the county because I had confidence that they were in that county, but other sites I had to move to the wiki.

Unless something has changed policywise, that is likely how the Entergy admins should handle those current sites that do no list a county/state.

Mike

troymail

Silent Key
Interestingly, the site that I think is in question actually says it is in Branson MO so I'm not sure why (at least for that one) there is no location data associated with it.

I do see lots of other sites which almost look like placeholders. That is - I've seen some systems in the past that listed a "sequence" of 'assumed' sites with no other information/data (such as a frequency) associated with them - admins corrected that upon being notified. However, since these have at least one frequency, they are all probably gathered from site "neighbor" data from some other site. These do seem like they are of some value for getting other users to try and monitor/find these sites and submitted more complete data. I think the policy - as you've stated - is that these should be on a wiki and not in the database. However, they seem to be in somewhat of a grey area except for the fact that submitted information is supposed to be based on observed/monitored activity.....

kma371

QRT
Branson is colocated in two counties, that might be part of the reason it doesn't have a county assigned. If anything, it can be changed to MO-Unknown county wise for it to show up. There are some AR ones that could be changed as well so they at least show up for AR state wise, same with the unknown TX ones.

Additionally, MO isn't listed as a state associated with this system at all, that's the first reason it doesn't show up.

Last edited:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Branson is colocated in two counties, that might be part of the reason it doesn't have a county assigned. If anything, it can be changed to MO-Unknown county wise for it to show up. There are some AR ones that could be changed as well so they at least show up for AR state wise, same with the unknown TX ones.

Additionally, MO isn't listed as a state associated with this system at all, that's the first reason it doesn't show up.

This particular site has been fixed. There is a lot of other cleanup work that needs to be done however, including the sites with no known location.

As Mike noted above, if the location cannot be narrowed down to at least the correct county, the site should be moved to the Wiki.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
And brought up again and again in the forums so they can get found. No one goes to the wiki. Unless you tell them specifically to do so. Its our red headed stepchild. I will start rejecting any site subs without location data with notation they should put this info in the wiki. As for MO being listed, none of us have ever KNOWN that Entergy HAD any MO sites. And we have been working on this monster for at least ten years. Not to mention that if it is not a site in the DB it does not exist period in Uniden or Whistler "smart" DB scanners. Also, lets move this to the proper Multi State forum where it belongs before we all get hit with infractions okay? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
And brought up again and again in the forums so they can get found. No one goes to the wiki. Unless you tell them specifically to do so. Its our red headed stepchild. I will start rejecting any site subs without location data with notation they should put this info in the wiki. As for MO being listed, none of us have ever KNOWN that Entergy HAD any MO sites. And we have been working on this monster for at least ten years. Not to mention that if it is not a site in the DB it does not exist period in Uniden or Whistler "smart" DB scanners. Also, lets move this to the proper Multi State forum where it belongs before we all get hit with infractions okay? ;)

If the submitter cannot provide a location for the site (at least a confirmed county), no problem whatsoever about rejecting the submission; that's the correct procedure.

No site location (at least the county) = site goes in Wiki. If folks don't want to check the Wiki page for a given system, we can't force them.

Status
Not open for further replies.