RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Database Discussion Forum

Database Discussion Forum - This forum is for questions about the database such as how to use it, layout or usability issues or suggestions for improvement. It is not for pointing out wrong information or getting help with programming.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2018, 4:33 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Site not showing up in state lstings

A site "attributed" to Branson, Missouri in the multi-state energy company "Entergy" does not show up in the trunked systems in Missouri nor in the appropriate county (Taney)

Branson, MO Site Details (Entergy (P25))

Other multi-state systems show up in each state for which there is a location in the database.

There is no license shown for this site - is this the reason when I look for it in Missouri it does not show up? Heard the control channel again today and some "neighbors" are different and could not find till I looked in Arkansas.

Or some error that is fixable?

W
Sponsored links
Old 08-08-2018, 4:47 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

The main system page (https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8202) doesn't list a site county for that (and many other) site(s). The site details also report "No location and range data available for this site". One or both of these might be the problem.
Old 08-08-2018, 8:24 PM
OH/WV DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The unknown sites/locations in that system probably should have been in the wiki instead. Handy to have them in the DB, but not handy without county/state information. I have been told in the past that there are to be no trunked sites listed without a county/state associated with them. I've been told in the past that if I want to keep them in the database while their exact location is unknown, I would need to put a county in for them (and thus reasonably be able to estimate that the site was somewhere within that county). For the systems in the database that I touch, I was able to keep some sites and add the county because I had confidence that they were in that county, but other sites I had to move to the wiki.

Unless something has changed policywise, that is likely how the Entergy admins should handle those current sites that do no list a county/state.

Mike

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Old 08-09-2018, 8:17 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Interestingly, the site that I think is in question actually says it is in Branson MO so I'm not sure why (at least for that one) there is no location data associated with it.

I do see lots of other sites which almost look like placeholders. That is - I've seen some systems in the past that listed a "sequence" of 'assumed' sites with no other information/data (such as a frequency) associated with them - admins corrected that upon being notified. However, since these have at least one frequency, they are all probably gathered from site "neighbor" data from some other site. These do seem like they are of some value for getting other users to try and monitor/find these sites and submitted more complete data. I think the policy - as you've stated - is that these should be on a wiki and not in the database. However, they seem to be in somewhat of a grey area except for the fact that submitted information is supposed to be based on observed/monitored activity.....
Old 08-09-2018, 8:55 AM
Global DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Branson is colocated in two counties, that might be part of the reason it doesn't have a county assigned. If anything, it can be changed to MO-Unknown county wise for it to show up. There are some AR ones that could be changed as well so they at least show up for AR state wise, same with the unknown TX ones.

Additionally, MO isn't listed as a state associated with this system at all, that's the first reason it doesn't show up.

Last edited by kma371; 08-09-2018 at 9:03 AM..
Sponsored links