Third Party mapping software for DB Submissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
I am preparing to submit some frequencies and would like to submit accurate geotags. For my prior submissions, I used a copy of Microsoft Maps to define and preview geotags. The program has since been deprecated. I know that it is "current enough" to support geotagging, but before I reinstalled it, I wanted to know what web sites or tools folks were using to define and preview geotags.

Thanks!

ecps92

If they are FCC Licenses, use the Lat/Lon from the actual License.

I am preparing to submit some frequencies and would like to submit accurate geotags. For my prior submissions, I used a copy of Microsoft Maps to define and preview geotags. The program has since been deprecated. I know that it is "current enough" to support geotagging, but before I reinstalled it, I wanted to know what web sites or tools folks were using to define and preview geotags.

Thanks!

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the information. FCC tower location can be a starting point. This can be true when the tower is in the middle of the facility you're trying to monitor. But the best answer for how location information is supposed to be used is from Tom and UPMan:
http://forums.radioreference.com/da...mission-not-handled-properly.html#post2907505

...anyway, I totally understand the usage of location data. My question is in the mechanics of a third party mapping software that can help visualize a point and radius over a map so that I can evaluate if the dimensions properly cover the jurisdiction (as properly defined by RRDB).

Status
Not open for further replies.