Tower Site Maps – Gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

K6JHQ

Premium Subscriber
I think this forum is the closest forum for what I am experiencing since there is a post entitled “Map of Tower Site Locations.”

I cannot seem to find other RadioReference users I know who have the same problem.
When I do a frequency search, I am presented with a page of search results. Many of the entries show call sign links. When I click on a call sign, it brings up the appropriate page. All normal so far, almost.

Several weeks ago, the tower site maps stopped showing. The area where the maps have always been is simply blank. It shows the view options with "basic" selected: [X] basic [ ] streets [ ] bright [ ] light [ ] dark [ ] satellite. Clicking a different option only places the black dot in a different place. The frequency lists below where the map should be – show as normal. I really would like to have the maps appear again. The info there is useful to me for my scanner hobby including the proximity search.

I use Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11. I stay up to date on Microsoft updates. I run the paid versions of AVG antivirus and Malwarebytes. Interactive maps from a variety of other Internet sites seem to work fine, including Google Maps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Iden – K6JHQ

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
Well alot are in wiki, under the site you are looking at most times

Sent from my 5049Z using Tapatalk

K6JHQ

Premium Subscriber
I am a long-time RR subscriber and the maps I am referring to aren't where they have always have been. There was no searching required.

kma371

QRT
I think this forum is the closest forum for what I am experiencing since there is a post entitled “Map of Tower Site Locations.”

I cannot seem to find other RadioReference users I know who have the same problem.
When I do a frequency search, I am presented with a page of search results. Many of the entries show call sign links. When I click on a call sign, it brings up the appropriate page. All normal so far, almost.

Several weeks ago, the tower site maps stopped showing. The area where the maps have always been is simply blank. It shows the view options with "basic" selected: [X] basic [ ] streets [ ] bright [ ] light [ ] dark [ ] satellite. Clicking a different option only places the black dot in a different place. The frequency lists below where the map should be – show as normal. I really would like to have the maps appear again. The info there is useful to me for my scanner hobby including the proximity search.

I use Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11. I stay up to date on Microsoft updates. I run the paid versions of AVG antivirus and Malwarebytes. Interactive maps from a variety of other Internet sites seem to work fine, including Google Maps.

Hmm, not sure why it's not working on your end, working fine on my PC.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Several weeks ago, the tower site maps stopped showing. The area where the maps have always been is simply blank.

I use Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11. I stay up to date on Microsoft updates.

I have issues with chrome not displaying stuff properly. Not just here, but also aol mail and google maps. I narrowed it down to memory. If I had a bunch of tabs open in chrome, no go. Things would not be visible on the screen. Close chrome and come here in the first and only tab, works good. Seems each tab opens a new process in the task manager, consuming memory.

Prior to tabs having their own processes, I never had any issues.

I don't use ie but it does the same. Open 3 tabs and there will be 3 iexplore.exe's running in the task manager. I don't follow when things with change with ie but it acts the same as chrome.

How much mem do you have and how much is being used when you load the tower sites?

I never do any updates unless something is not working. Windows updates keep knocking my ubuntu out of whack. (dual boot).

One thing to check, and not sure if it make a difference or not, but you are a premium subscriber. Are you still logged into the database and not just the forums?

K6JHQ

Premium Subscriber
Yes, and others I have asked seem to have no problem. I think it must be my computer that is preventing the maps from appearing. So I need to dig into the programming behind the maps. I think JavaScript is involved. Other things on my computer needing JavaScript seem to work. Here https://www.enable-javascript.com/ it says my JavaScript is enabled in my browser. It may use Mapbox GL JS and when I go here https://www.mapbox.com/mapbox-gl-js/example/check-for-support/ the map they provide works. It may need WebGL but don’t know how to check that. I have the current version of FlashPlayer but that may not be involved.

I expect some here know about all this stuff and certainly the RadioReference staff would know. It just depends on whether anyone wants to help with a problem that I alone seem to be having. I remain hopeful. I sure would like the maps back.

K6JHQ

Premium Subscriber
Dave3825, With Win7 and IE 11, I often run with many windows open, often 30, and usually have no problems. This is not new and the RR maps have always appeared. Just now, I double checked with only one browser window open and no map, as expected. My system has 8GB of RAM. Right now with one browser window open and about eight other things, I am using 2.5GB of memory. I just opened a RR page that should have a map and it increased to 2.54GB. And yes, I am logged in to RR database and no maps. Thank you for your comments and ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.