State of Delaware 700 MHz TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Does anyone know when the new 700 MHz, Project 25 TRS, for the state of Delaware is expected to come online? I haven't seen any license grants for the system on the FCC Web site, which must mean they are still working on the infrastructure. I believe that Harris was awarded the contract to construct the system?

Yours truly,

Ron

hai_akeeba

I do not see any activity on the State DTI site regarding 700MHz. All activity is aimed toward re-banding,the license application being submitted to the FCC for VRS (vehicle repeater system) frequencies, and in building coverage for schools, hospitals, and state buildings. Appears to be a LARGE cash expenditure for this alone. I doubt that with the economic situation, they would be able to acquire funding for such a massive project as a 700MHz statewide system.

Thunderbolt

I found it. The system contract was awarded to Tyco Electronics, which is now part of Harris. Construction and antenna work is currently underway, and is expected to be completed by late August of 2010. Apparently, this new radio system will also be using the 800 MHz band, especially for in-building coverage in certain areas. This will certainly make scanning more interesting in Delaware.

More information can be found at the DTI's Web site.

Yours truly,

Ron

Last edited:

Thunderbolt

In fact, here is the original press release from Tyco.

This part is very interesting:

Delaware's P25IP statewide radio network will make use of 10 existing sites across the state with four channels at each site, and is based on P25 Phase 2 technology standards. Tyco Electronics Wireless Systems' P25IP multisite networks will link agencies with Delaware's legacy 800 MHz radio system to other local, state and federal agencies including the South East Counter Terrorism Task Force NetworkFirst system in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, as well as Maryland's Eastern Shore Network.

73s

Ron

Last edited:

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

Picked up an 700 MHz CCh on 771.78125 MHz, SysId 0001h-1919. The frequency is licensed to PG County MD, but the SysId doesn't match. It may be the system being discussed.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

hai_akeeba

New antenna array have been appearing on towers at Claymont and Talley Yard. Identical to the 800 antennas, mounted lower. A State License 700MHz band was issued on 01/18/02, expiring 05/14/17.
WPTZ 791 ; no frequencies assigned.

Thunderbolt

Hello,

Picked up an 700 MHz CCh on 771.78125 MHz, SysId 0001h-1919. The frequency is licensed to PG County MD, but the SysId doesn't match. It may be the system being discussed.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

This is more than likely the new P25 Delaware statewide system. Harris, always likes to use "001" as the system ID, when they are in the process of installing and testing a new Project 25 trunking system. Watch for more towers sites to pop-up with the same ID.

Where exactly is this tower site located at?

Yours truly,

Ron

Last edited:

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

It could be Talleyville or Claymont. I monitored the CCh from my employer's parking lot, 165' ASL in S.Wilmington. As soon as the signal appeared, it has disappeared. Nothing for the past few days. Keeping an eye out for it.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

Thunderbolt

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

The Middletown Tower is online. CCh 772.13125 MHz SysId 0001h-0707. PRO96COM data is next when time allows it.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

Audiodave1

Database Admin
We will get this system publicly displayed in the DB soon. Just a few more details to hunt down.

Other Newcastle co channels active.
769.83125 d Claymont
772.90625 d Wilmington (bissell Hosp.)

Will get ID's tomorow.

I will also be heading to Dewey Beach for the weekend and will listen along the way for other CC's

Dave

Thunderbolt

Ah, now the wide-area testing phase begins. I am sure they will do grid square reception testing and reports in the upcoming weeks. Also, they have to do measured signal tests. This way the technicians can identify any potential problem areas. They expect to have this system up and fully operational by this fall.

Yours truly,

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.