Bearcat 250D / Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

wirelesscop

Hey Everyone,

I hate to sound like a fool here...lol, buuuut... What are the chances the Bearcat 250D with digital card installed, be able to monitor Delaware when rebanding occurs? I want to set up another scanner stream of just Wilmington PD and came across a great deal on a Bearcat 250D and was hoping to use that for the feed. Will that scanner work after rebanding or should I keep searching for a deal on another, newer model? Thanks!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I don't believe the 250D - with the card - can properly follow the Delaware system, rebanded or not, as it's a pure P25 system with a (presumably) 9600 baud control channel. That's something it can't handle...

Mike

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The BCi25 card can only decode P25 voice in conventional mode, or on a Motorola Type II system that uses a 3600 baud control channel. It cannot decode a 9600 baud P25 trunked system control channel.

Also, the BC250D is not even reband capable.

pinetree

The RR database lists the 800 system uses a 3600 baud.. If it works now from all current info it should work after rebanding. The only info as of now is that it will be 15 MH lower

JANFINE

Premium Subscriber
Bc250d rebanding

The BC250D will not do rebanfding.
Check out the WIKI under Radios.

Can be updated to support Rebanding? NO

cg

Premium Subscriber
It all depends on the frequencies being used on the 3600 baud Motorola systems. If they end in .xxx5 (852.0125), they can be trunktracked with the older scanners. The channel numbers for those channels did not change. If the frequencies end in .xxx0, then that frequency will not be trunktracked and any conversation on that channel will be missed.
You may also be able to buy a cheap scanner, do a discriminator tap on it, and control the 250 with Unitrunker or Trunk88.

chris

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Unfortunately some of the sites do have a 0 in the 4th decimal in some of the freqs (like Kent), while others (like Wilmington) would work OK. So I guess you could say that it would *partially* work, depending on the freqs and the site being monitored. In fact the Wilmington site won't need to be rebanded - unless it already has been. Someone with UniTrunker would have to take a detailed look on that....

Mike

Last edited:

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

According to FCCDB, the City of Wilmington, Call Sign KNIA879, was issued an YE License which covers NPSPAC 851 MHz to 862 MHz. Since Wilmington is using 856 MHz to 860 MHz, no need for the City to reband as previously mentioned. The BC250D should continue to work for monitoring the City of Wilmington.

Dave L.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.