Salem Plant Alert freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecps92

Nope, Not Federal.

That was originally a MEDIA frequency. Newspapers, Films etc

Now allocated for general business use and public safety [Conventional and Trunked]
IG - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional
PW - Public Safety Pool, Conventional
YG - Industrial/Business Pool, Trunked

Fed freq 173.375 for Siren alert for Salem Power plant.
Maybe check for next siren test someday.
WPMG943 (PSEG Services Corporation) FCC Callsign Details

nojoy

ecps92 - are you saying this is not the frequency to set off the Salem sirens? Sorry just a bit lost at both of these posts actually......

Thanks

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what you will hear on these frequencies when they test these sirens. I use to work for security at the Salem plant, when they tested these sirens [back then many years ago, it was every tuesday morning] they would sent us out in the community to make sure they went off. We would have to let them know when we were in position so they could sent the tone to activate them.

ecps92

My experience has been (New England) that these are Paging/DTMF tones.

Not much to hear. A few of them up this way shared the Voice channels, and you could hear the Polling of the Sirens periodically reporting back to the main server their status.

Not sure what you will hear on these frequencies when they test these sirens. I use to work for security at the Salem plant, when they tested these sirens [back then many years ago, it was every tuesday morning] they would sent us out in the community to make sure they went off. We would have to let them know when we were in position so they could sent the tone to activate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.