Hytera World Wide Linking Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

atms169

Currently looking for other Amateur Radio Hytera DMR systems to connect with. We have two websites in the process of being developed along with the Last Heard listings. 4 Connected systems with a Florida system and Arizona system to come on board.

Please contact me if interested in joining the network.

Thanks
Aaron
KE5KAF

W2NJS

DMR linking...

Why don't you join the DMR net that already exists? You need a TRBO repeater with an IP link to do so, of course. Hytera or Motorola makes no difference; in the simple TRBO format used both will work fine.

atms169

Well, we already have the Hytera repeaters (Which you know are not compatible). So this is why we are setting up a World Wide network for the Hytera DMR systems. We are going with the MotoTRBO design with ID and color codes. This way if we ever get a connection with the C-Bridge then we can all be happy.

For now, we are setting up a WW network on the Hytera, which is slow but forthcoming.

Thanks
Aaron
KE5KAF

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Why don't you join the DMR net that already exists? You need a TRBO repeater with an IP link to do so, of course. Hytera or Motorola makes no difference; in the simple TRBO format used both will work fine.

Actually they won't.

The site to site linking is proprietary to each model.

kb1isz

Hey guys,
Yes right now it is not feasible to link Hytera and Motorola. But it is just a matter of time before it is affordable. We have no policy preventing a Motorola repeater linking with us once it is possible. Our goal is to create an inclusive DMR network where the choice of repeater is irrelevant.
Thanks,
Will

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Sure, anything is possible in the future but if you live in the present, than no, it's not currently doable.

Perhaps in the future, Hytera and TRBO repeaters will be able to talk directly or through a C-Bridge.

I wish you luck though. I've considered buying a DMR repeater and the decision to go Hytera or Motorola is a tough decision.

The DMR network has so many more repeaters that right now if I were to buy one, it would probably be Motorola.

atms169

Depends on what you want I guess. We are setting up a Hytera WW system. Hytera is a much better product then Motorola. Easier to program, cheaper and excellent quality. No fussing with CPS and programming.

kb1isz

Mike I agree it is a tough decision on what way to go. I made my own decision and I always urge someone to do there own research. Since it is your money you are putting up don't let anyone try to convince you either way.

Also it is to my knowledge possible to link them via a third party box(proham.com) it is just very expensive. I spoke with them and they said there box would do it but the pricing was out of my league.
Thanks,
Will

kb1isz

Right now we have 4 repeaters.
2 in RI
1 in TX
1 in FL

We should be adding one in GA in a week and one in AZ at some point in the future.
Thanks,
Will

atms169

Here's a quick update:

Last heard list, still under development, thanks Dave K, Will C and Alan A. It is in Beta mode and looking remarkable!

You can view it from our website at Hytera MotoTRBO » World Wide Linking Project

Currently connected to the network are:

W1DMR – Cumberland, RI (146.625 -600KHz CC1)
KB1ISZ – Smithfield, RI (446.425 -5MHz CC1)
KE5WFB – Laredo, TX (441.6625 +5MHz CC1)
N4KEG – Lakeland, FL (147.375 +600KHz CC1)
W7QO- Atlanta, GA (443.025 +5MHz CC1)
W2WDW – West Palm Beach, Florida (443.950 CC10)
KE7TR – MESA, AZ (440.725 +5MHz CC1)

The Hytera is growing fairly quickly, we look forward to others joining the system.

Aaron
KE5KAF

K

kk4mei

will the setting and id from the DMR-MARC system work on the hytera network?

if not were can I find the settings for a motorola xpr7550?

kb1isz

Yes the setting's are comparable.

One thing that you might want to add is talkgroup 9990. It is an echo talkgroup that will repeat back everything you say. Great for hearing signal reports or checking audio levels when no one is on. The traffic never leaves the local repeater.
Thanks,
Will
KB1ISZ

K

kk4mei

okay. Are the talk groups and other listings the same a the MARC system? I know it is a diffrent system. Is there a website for seetting up your raddo for the Hytera network?

Status
Not open for further replies.