NXDN World Wide :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1ip

A few of us have been working pretty hard. The fruits of those labors are starting to show. I've got reflectors built and functional. This solves one of the major shortcomings of the both the Kenwood and Icom software where they are limited to 15 IP addresses that they can link too. I've also got support for running them over private IP address spaces so you can run them on a 4g wireless connection if you want too.

Next up is protocol conversion between Icom and Kenwood, and then smart portals that will honor local vs linked traffic without needing to build up or tear down a link.

On the Icom side, we have Atlanta, Tampa, Vancouver, Cleveland, Toronto and soon to be Hawaii on the net/link. Kenwood is a bit behind us but growing. We even have an analog bridge in the Vancouver area that works amazingly well.

If interested, drop me a note.

Alan - W7QO - Atlanta

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Nice. I've got a NX-700 VHF in my work truck. Let me know if you ever get any out in California and I'd love to program it up and give it a try.

I'm pretty impressed with NXDN. I've got a 5 channel 800MHz trunked system using it here at work. Getting ready to add some more sites. Kenwood has been a pleasure to work with.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
A few of us have been working pretty hard. The fruits of those labors are starting to show. I've got reflectors built and functional. This solves one of the major shortcomings of the both the Kenwood and Icom software where they are limited to 15 IP addresses that they can link too. I've also got support for running them over private IP address spaces so you can run them on a 4g wireless connection if you want too.

Next up is protocol conversion between Icom and Kenwood, and then smart portals that will honor local vs linked traffic without needing to build up or tear down a link.

On the Icom side, we have Atlanta, Tampa, Vancouver, Cleveland, Toronto and soon to be Hawaii on the net/link. Kenwood is a bit behind us but growing. We even have an analog bridge in the Vancouver area that works amazingly well.

If interested, drop me a note.

Alan - W7QO - Atlanta

Hello Alan,

This is Jamie (N4CYA) in Tampa Bay, Thank you for teaching about NXDN and how it works when we spoke on the air. I thank you for what your doing for NXDN. Good luck!

- Jamie (N4CYA)

TLF82

Premium Subscriber
I have the itch for a iDAS radio. Unfortunately where I live there is not a nxdn repeater. So, I have the itch for that as well.

If that all works out, I would love to put it on the system!

n1ip

Drop me a note when ready, I've got software that will work with either the Kenwood repeater or the Icom repeater now. I think we are very close to about 20 repeaters online at the moment... about 3/4 are icoms and the others kenwoods, but that is quickly changing and we should have another handful of Kenwoods online shortly.

Alan - W7QO

shmget

Thanks to all in the NXDN WW community for your help in getting started. I'm now monitoring the network during commute times and during the evenings on Cliff K1IFF's system in CT.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
We're online here in Southeast Michigan as well... Thanks to Alan for all his development work in building out this network; NXDN appears like its going to be a much better solution in the end when compared to D-Star and Mototrbo; just the fact that you can retain analog alongside your digital platform is a huge advantage... The best part is everything is considerably cheaper than Motorola and easier to acquire without expensive external devices and software licenses. Kenwood and ICOM offer universal support across platforms, so you can also buy from either manufacture. Lot's of excitement to come in this arena for amateur radio...

shmget

I like that I can use my NX-300 for regular ham repeaters, NXDN ham systems, and GMRS all in one radio. Also, the mixed mode repeaters are nice. I was able to test out how good the coverage was in my area to Cliff's system with a normal HT before I decided to buy a new radio.

ab3ai

Does it have to be a repeater? Can one use a NX700 or a 5061 on a simplex channel?

Bill1957

IDAS NXDN Simplex

I am using 145.550 in Bergen County New Jersey using Ran0. If you are in the area, give me a shout!
Bill
WA2WJC

stevelton

There are efforts under way to unofficially designate a 2 meter and 440 simplex NXDN channel.
The suggested frequencies are 147.555 and 441.000 No RAN needed.
Would these conflict with your area?
Steven KC9GMX

N8OHU

There are efforts under way to unofficially designate a 2 meter and 440 simplex NXDN channel.
The suggested frequencies are 147.555 and 441.000 No RAN needed.
Would these conflict with your area?
Steven KC9GMX

Probably; there are similar efforts being made by the MotoTRBO side to find some frequencies that all digital voice users can share, and we have run into the issue of frequencies being available in one area and not in another.

Status
Not open for further replies.