dpmr

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregg22

No i am not going to buy one.I did find it interesting that it does seem compatible with the new yaseu.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.746 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I did not read anthing on that page that even suggests that it would be able to talk to Yaesu FT-1D. Asides from being C4FM there is nothing available about the actual format from Yaesu.

N8OHU

All posts aside, has anyone actually purchased one of these $540 door stops yet?
Larry

No, and not planning to, since it's clear that Yaesu thinks that the 12.5 kHz bandwidth data mode of their new radios is somehow better than the up to 150 kHz bandwidth of D-Star; I'll take the UDR56K over it any day, and not just because it's D-Star capable.

Haax

I'd be interested in *what* the Yaesu FT 1-D can talk to ... they look very cheap and nasty though..
i guess the Kirisun s780 could do it, the Yaesu seems to be dPMR, maybe they're related even...

Instead of all these 'Amateur' manufacturers making incompatible DV sets and
saying its a 'new' thing - why dont they actually *do* something that actually *is* new,
like consider interoperability,

Personally find it insulting companies like Yaesu ask bucketloads of money for something
similar to whats been 'round commercially for years, and tell me its new, Amateurs falling from
being at the cutting edge of radio tech (many) years ago to becoming 15 years or so behind the
current tech, no matter how pretty they make the box

I find it Ironic the Vertex VXD mobiles seem similarly priced, are Trbo compatible and are 12v 40w mobile sets.. i wonder if Yaesu have their phone number still. i know which i'd buy.

I'm one of about a couple of dozen Amateur P25 users in the UK and would like them to do a P25 phase 1 compatible set. My XTS2500 and Astro Spectra's are only available from the US and our
3 way UHF P25 net could do with more callers in - so If Kirisun or Yaesu or, dare i say it, another amateur manufacturer do a 180 turn-around and start looking forwards and thinking about interoperability (mentioning no brands in paticular) our net may get another caller in one day,
despite trying to sell the idea of p25 to the locals ..

mind you, maybe they wont - the locals went bananas at us though when we started using 5 tone signalling & MDC .. i expected them to be marching down the rosd with pitchforks in hand, maybe they're still angry at us for going p25, they'll love Trbo .. glad they got DSD.exe running though...

Status
Not open for further replies.