New IC-FR6000 and NXDN Common RAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4APR

The NASA Wallops Amateur Radio Club W4WFF is replacing it's old thrown together repeater with an Icom IC-FR6000. I'm toying with running it in mixed mode analog/NXDN, but I have to admit that I am NXDN ignorant and I don't know much about it. I am more of a P25 guy and I know just enough about Mototrbo to be dangerous.

Is there a common RAN that most amateur NXDN repeaters are using?

Any other "common" settings that I should incorporate when running mixed mode?

I would like to make this as mixed-mode friendly as I can. Right now, I don't have anything NXDN capable, so I won't be able to test the NXDN side of it right off the bat when it goes live, but I would like to at least have it capable for anyone that might travel into the area who want to use it for digital.

Does anyone have an FR6000 config file they would be willing to email me to look at for getting started on getting it configured in mixed mode? I have a full copy of the software and programming cable coming with the repeater.

Thanks!

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
What is a best way to contact you I may have a way to help you out

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk Pro like a boss!

n1ip

The NASA Wallops Amateur Radio Club W4WFF is replacing it's old thrown together repeater with an Icom IC-FR6000. I'm toying with running it in mixed mode analog/NXDN, but I have to admit that I am NXDN ignorant and I don't know much about it. I am more of a P25 guy and I know just enough about Mototrbo to be dangerous.

Is there a common RAN that most amateur NXDN repeaters are using?

Any other "common" settings that I should incorporate when running mixed mode?

I would like to make this as mixed-mode friendly as I can. Right now, I don't have anything NXDN capable, so I won't be able to test the NXDN side of it right off the bat when it goes live, but I would like to at least have it capable for anyone that might travel into the area who want to use it for digital.

Does anyone have an FR6000 config file they would be willing to email me to look at for getting started on getting it configured in mixed mode? I have a full copy of the software and programming cable coming with the repeater.

Thanks!

Sent you a PM, please drop me an email at the address provided, we can help you in short order.

Status
Not open for further replies.