CS700 Digital Contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I have 3 systems on 3 different frequencies using the same TG number. I programmed the TGID in digital contact. On the channel information screen, I added different channel names to each of the 3 as well as T/S and CC using the contact name of TG59 (the TG number).

The problem is it always shows on the screen as TG59 (the digital name) for all 3. The channel names do not show up when that channel is received. I know I can't have more than 1 digital contact with the same number, so how do I work around this? I'd like for each channel to use the channel name instead of the digital contact name.

Maybe I'm missing it, but I haven't been able to make this work.

Thanks,

Sibbley

RayAir

I have 3 systems on 3 different frequencies using the same TG number. I programmed the TGID in digital contact. On the channel information screen, I added different channel names to each of the 3 as well as T/S and CC using the contact name of TG59 (the TG number).

The problem is it always shows on the screen as TG59 (the digital name) for all 3. The channel names do not show up when that channel is received. I know I can't have more than 1 digital contact with the same number, so how do I work around this? I'd like for each channel to use the channel name instead of the digital contact name.

Maybe I'm missing it, but I haven't been able to make this work.

Thanks,

Sibbley

I use my CS700 exclusively as a scanner. I have the same issue with a conventional and a Connect Plus system using the same TG number 10.

Instead of naming the talk group I just programmed it to come up TG 10 instead of "Security".

I don't think there is a way around this.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. That's what I've done now. It just comes up as TG59. I use mine as a scanner too. I just got it last Tuesday, and I love this radio.

RayAir

I just got my CS700 last week too. I watched a 1/2 hr YT video walking you through digital channel programming.
I also downloaded Motorola System Planner.

I too am very happy with the CS700. I have some MotoTRBO radios also but I guess Moto charges $250-$300? for the CPS. I found a CS700 for $209 shipped, on Amazon.

I should have bought one of them a while ago.

Lots of MotoTRBO by me.

Voyager

Most (all?) DMR radios do that. They don't treat the contact list separate for different systems. I would hope someone would allow multiple contacts lists that are system-based.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I've been playing with the new software for the CS750. You can now add the Digital Id to the channel itself. I don't have the CS750 to try this, but it looks to me like this problem will be resolved with the new radio.

Channel based Digital Id will be awesome.

Check out the software: Untitled Document

Status
Not open for further replies.