Kirisun DP-770 Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill1957

Anyone know what the latest firmware is for this radio? Also,where to get it?
Thanks,
Bill
R3.17.078.U2HP
This is the one I have.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
81 is latest firmware with 2.04 latest CPS.

I'm pretty sure there is something later than 3.17.81 but no one has found it yet. Their support sucks to put it mildly. I have several of their radios including the 770 and its been a nightmare to get support. I had to call the President of the company at one point to get what I did for two different radios. He was rather put out I'd bought them online rather than through authorized sources. Seems I should have spent 300 rather than 80 for a radio.

Go figure.

I've heard things about them going under or being bought by someone else and all US sales/support being pulled but unsure how accurate that is. The hoops I had to go through to get what I did are just not acceptable or worth it.

Stick with either CSI or Motorola in my opinion, I'm going to from now on.
Anyway good luck. Try Yahoo DP770 group too. I've found several updates there over time.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
As an update I sent an email to them on Monday but haven't heard anything back yet. We'll see if I get anywhere. Hopefully will gets some updates to this and the PT8200 I have.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Got an email back from their DMR product manager in China.

3.17.81 is latest stable version released for the 770 so I was wrong. They are working on new versions but they are not ready for release. They are adding new features including roaming and Pseudo trunking. Testing new stuff now and working out kinks to make sure they are good to go.

No new updates are going to be made for the PT8200 as it turns out to be quite old. 6 plus years according to them while I thought it was something new.

marine_radio

I also had a chance to get acquainted with all levels of folks at Kirisun and one thing surprises me -- they do respond on my emails but wouldn't let me have the USB driver for current Win versions. My DP770 is one of the first production units shipped with WinXP driver and - incredibly - they insist I should go on using it. Could someone share the driver with me at R2DLV at yandex.ru?

azpilot97

Kirisun New CPS and firmware for the DP 770

I will be releasing a new CPS V2.25 and a new firmware 3.17.101 for anyone interested ?

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I will be releasing a new CPS V2.25 and a new firmware 3.17.101 for anyone interested ?

I would be interested if they are working.

The last update in the Yahoo group had numerous bugs resulting in basically bricked radios for those who upgraded. I was lucky in that I waited to see the results and when I did ran the other way. :)

lugi

my dp-770 gets warm under the battery where the vent hole is. i opened it looking for a short. inside the radio there is a place for a memmory card(?) and the heat source appears to be the soc chip. do you also experience this?

Status
Not open for further replies.