Antelope Valley APCO 25 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb6sub

Premium Subscriber
I have Motorola Radios that I use for 2 meters and 70 cm and live in the Lancaster/Palmdale/Rosamond area in the Antelope Valley. I don't know of any APCO 25 ham repeaters in my area. Please send me info if there is any in my area. I am interested in radio sites like Government Peak, Double, Mojave, Ten Hi, Hauser Peak, Bald Mountain, Frazier Peak, Blue Ridge, Tehachapi, Onyx, Keller to name a few. All of these repeaters I can bring up from my house but I am not aware of any in my area that are APCO 25

TLF82

Premium Subscriber
Might do some googling and check repeater book. Seems that more than often word of mouth is about the only way to hear about P25 repeaters.

Only one of the 3 around me is listed anywhere...

wb6sub

Premium Subscriber
thank you. I have googled to find 3 new ones in Los Angeles area but not out here 50 miles past the middle of no where

N4OGL

Premium Subscriber
I've got a P25 enabled radio that I'd love to use on the ham bands in digital mode, but haven't found any luck in finding a repeater that is somewhere in my regular commute between Santa Clarita and Burbank (with occasional forays into Anaheim).

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
K6CCC's repeater can be worked from an HT in a car in downtown Santa Ana - it's great.

What were the other machines you found, and have you tried them out?

N4OGL

Premium Subscriber
I'd love to become a member of K6CCC's system, so I can use my P25 radio on something (well, anything, actually). Any idea how to contact K6CCC and see if that's a possibility?

wb6sub

Premium Subscriber
I am tried to contact him on the radio and I could never get an answer back. Also there are now active APCO repeaters on Oat, Santiago, Vista Peak in north county San Diego, and Black mountain in San Diego central between the 5 and the 15 just north of Claremont Mesa

KG6GTH

Premium Subscriber
P25 MMDVM on Oat

K6PUW Valley Digital ARC – The first Digital Voice Multimode Repeater in Southern California

447.200 Don has a Multi mode repeater on OAT. you need to use your DMR ID to access it.... Be sure to listen in Analog mode first cause its usually connected to DSTAR..

K6CCC is very spotty in Santa Clarita cause of its location.....

K6CCC Machine, make sure you program in Mixed mode RX as he has private users on the Analog side... You do not want to accidentially step on someone... He has the info on his web page ...

73's

Status
Not open for further replies.