DMR-MARC Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASAD

I am trying to familiarize myself with the website because soon I will be programming my MOTOTRBO radio. There are two links on the main page; 'Database' and 'Repeaters', as shown in the picture below. When I click on the 'Database' link to query repeater table, 41 items are displayed for New York alone. However, if I click on 'Repeaters' and scroll down to United States, I see fewer repeaters for New York. Does anybody know what the difference is between the two results displayed?

I appreciate your help.

DMR-MARC Network

Attachments

• MARC.jpg
    MARC.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 920

JPSan

The database is your friend.

Trust the database. The listing is the most current listing of the repeaters. Also keep on eye on the DMR-MARC homepage as they will list repeaters world wide under development. The Saturday morning World Wide net will give updates, too. The repeaters listing is a pin map is a broad representation. I personally wish it would be done away with as it can be confusing. If you want to see every repeater world wide at one time just enter the % sign in the query field of the repeater check box.

500 DMR-MARC repeaters in 44 countries with 15694 registered users.

Welcome to the Marc DMR world. Have fun.

Flyham

Another vote here for sticking with the database. Also a "Google" search on the actual network ie: NJ-Trbo or NC-PRN or NORCAL, will yield better results especial when looking for a specific area or region.

Best wishes an welcome to DMR.

N8OHU

One thing to add; not all DMR repeaters are going to be connected to the same talk groups. Some of the repeaters that may be listed on the DMR-MARC website are part of the Hytera DMRPlus network, which currently doesn't interoperate with the MotoTRBO networks; however, if you plan to ever go to California (or if any other network asks for it) there is at least one talk group available on the DMR-MARC system that does bridge the gap between the two networks.

ASAD

I programmed a couple repeaters in to my XPR 7550 but no contact yet. Most of the repeaters use both timeslots. Is TS1 global and TS2 local? How does that work?

What's the purpose of RX Group List? Do I have to have DMR-MARC WW and DMR-MARC NA in the group?

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.