Newbie with many doubts and programming DMR MD -380

Status
Not open for further replies.

ea8cxv

Hello fellow, first to apologize for my bad English. I am a newbie in DMR and I never used most of the options that bring radios to schedule. I decided to make the leap to DMR with the MD-380 but I have many doubts with the software. To make it more comfortable I'll make a list to see if together we solve it. Many thanks.

1._ In General Setting:

All "save" and all "alert tone".

2._ In Menu Item -> Contacts:

Remote monitor, Radio enable and Radio disable.

3._ In Privace Setting:

The two tables, I do not know what they are.

4._ In Channels Information -> Channel 1 -> Digital Mode -> Digital Data

Admit criteria, lone worker, private call confirmed, data call confirmed, compressend UDP data header and emergency alarm ack.

5._ In Channels Information -> Channel 1 -> Digital Mode -> Digital Data

How to assign color codes to the contacts?

6._ In Channels Information -> Channel 1 -> Digital Mode -> Digital Data

Difference between Privacy basic and enhanced .

7._ In Channels Information -> Channel 1 -> Digital Mode

What it is allow talkaround?

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
DMR programming

Your best start is to get a working code plug (data file) from another user of the same make and model radio. There is a yahoo group for your radio that would be a good place to start. Once you get a code plug, load it into your software and study how it is organized. From your post, you also need to go to one of the DMR pages and learn what the program names such as color code mean. Start your programming with one or two frequencies, and when they work, build from there. DMR-MARC Network is a good place for more information, and you need to apply for a number code that is part of the programming before you go on the air. The code plugs on DMR-Marc will not help, as they are for Motorola radios and cannot be read by your software.

Last edited:

ea8cxv

I will answer my questions to reason that you get to know the options.

3._ In Privace Setting:

The two tables, I do not know what they are. They are encryption keys, i think .

5._ In Channels Information -> Channel 1 -> Digital Mode -> Digital Data

How to assign color codes to the contacts?. You have to create multiple groups and multiple channels with the same frequency but assign different color codes.

6._ In Channels Information -> Channel 1 -> Digital Mode -> Digital Data

Difference between Privacy basic and enhanced .Privacy basic or enhanced , more difficult to decode the key.

Some are just guesses having no radio even for testing .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.