CS700 to MD380 Plug Convertor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my shiny new MD380 and I'm curious if there is a plug convertor to create a plug for my 380? I have built a pretty extensive 700 plug over the last 1 1/2 years......and hope there is a convertor.....

Thanks, Andy

Bueller Bueller.......anyone?

Well I see a convertor for contacts and I see a Hex Editor procedure for cut and past/manipulating code on the plug.......

Humm, have a 3 day weekend......may just start pounding keyboard......

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Well, the Hex Editor did the trick! I was able to convert my 700 plug to a 380 with no observed ill effects....... good luck!

Wish I'd seen this before I spent hours building a codeplug for my shiny new MD-380 instead of using one of the many CS-700 codeplugs already out there and making modifications.

Of course, the local DMR repeater is just far enough from home that I can't get into it reliably from the house with a portable, even upstairs. Worked like a charm when mobile a few miles north of the house. Guess I need to cobble together a UHF antenna to hang from the ceiling for the thing.

Sigh.

policeMonitor

would there happen to be a converter that goes the opposite way? I have an md380 code plug I would likt to convert to a cs700 plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.