Oddity Ham DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I live in Oklahoma City, Ok. I had HDSDR running tuning 2 meters then I saw a.digital data stream at 143.015 later at 143.075mhz. I thot what is going on here. I fired up DSD+ and heard everyday usual ham radio operator ragchew as casual as usual. Nothing military affiliated about this.

Now my question to the community is why the heck would a repeater trustee allow his repeater to operate outside his or her priviledge? I know for dang sure M.A.R.S. only allows net traffic. I didn't get a cw id nor voice id.

???????[emoji50]

Sent from my VS415PP using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
Could be intermod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats another thing I suspected but I checked 70cm 1.25m and 2m. No DMR transmissions. Watched the waterfall for input to see one ham 400kc above repeater output.

I checked DMARC but nothing from OKC. There was a few listed in Oklahoma but outside listening range. It was linked. I heard VK Australia call signs too. hmmm

Last edited:

autovon

Ø
Highly doubtful it is ham. Still likely it is an image. Also, there are 2 UHF DMR ham repeaters in the OKC area.

SCPD

QRT
Maybe it's a bootleg rptr, and they figure nobody can hear them because they're "digital".
That's what I am implying. Hence no cw id nor voice id. that would have been heard even if it was intermod or an image of another frequency. I also think the decode wouldnt be as clean if it was intermod or image of another frequency. It may be bootleg.

Voyager

Was there any in-band digital transmission at the time?

Intermod, mixing, images are all possibilities.

It could also be a MARS/CAP repeater that they were using for chatter (happens a lot). Were any callsigns mentioned?

SCPD

QRT
Was there any in-band digital transmission at the time?

Intermod, mixing, images are all possibilities.

It could also be a MARS/CAP repeater that they were using for chatter (happens a lot). Were any callsigns mentioned?
Oh snap! It was image from 443.225mhz. I had no idea there is a 70 cm repeater so strong nearby. RF gain reduced to 14.4db and it's still 15db over 9.

Sorry about that guys.

Last edited:

Voyager

Nothing to be sorry about. It was an interesting issue and you gained experience.

SCPD

QRT
Nothing to be sorry about. It was an interesting issue and you gained experience.
That's the issue of rtlsdr. Waterfall may look clean but check 300mhz higher. I just learnt. Thanks community. You helped me think being adamant asking the same thing. Is it imaging? Well yes it was.

SCPD

QRT
Here is the repeater
cf9ab36d2619b448a36a8fd6d37b761a.jpg

autovon

Ø
Most of us have been fooled by the 'image game' a time or two. :) 10 or 15 years ago I was picking up a repeater around 410 MHz. It kind of sounded like Feds, but very our of place from where I lived. Ended up being an image from the 450 band.

Status
Not open for further replies.