New to D-Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys.

I've been on D-Star for the last week or so. It's pretty fun. I like seeing the GPS coordinates of the other stations as I talk to them. That's a cool feature. I like linking to far away reflectors and repeaters. That's cool too. I don't much care for the robotic voice. It's taking some getting used to. Everyone sounds the same..

But anyways.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks? Any good reflectors or repeaters/gateway that is popular? I know about reflector 1 and 30.

Thanks!

I'm running an Icom ID-51A+ and a Raspberry Pi/DV shield.

k7ng

Electronics professional
Premium Subscriber
Two useful websites are dstarusers.org and dstarinfo.com.
You can see a list of reflectors and where they are on dstarinfo.com, and dstarusers.org has a list of D-Star repeaters so you can find on (maybe) in your area.

Start there.

You haven't mentioned whether you've registered your callsign on a trust server, etc. But those two sites may help you with whatever you are doing / intend to do. The Raspberry & a DV adapter is a great way to connect to the world from your home. I run a hotspot myself. Ask more questions if you need to.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys & thanks for the friend request Michael. I'll see you on the net at 8 p.m. tonight on Reflector 4B.

Status
Not open for further replies.