Michigan codeplug for MD-380

Status
Not open for further replies.

fregan

Hi all, just received my new Tytera MD-380 and struggling with the programming software (ugh!) I was wondering if anyone has written a codeplug for Michigan frequencies? I tried the Central Michigan Emergency Network, but no way to contact them for frequencies to plug into the radio.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 73, N8DV

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
I've tried to raise anyone on the MI-Statewide talk group but after a dozen calls have not received a reply. I'll keep trying later in the workday and this evening. Where in Michigan are you located? That would help a bit...

I live in Hammond, IN but the codeplug we have for Indiana includes the MI-Statewide TG because of our proximity to MI. :)

Last edited:

mikey60

Hi all, just received my new Tytera MD-380 and struggling with the programming software (ugh!) I was wondering if anyone has written a codeplug for Michigan frequencies? I tried the Central Michigan Emergency Network, but no way to contact them for frequencies to plug into the radio.

send me an email at kd8atk@wowway,com and I'll send you the one I have.

Mike

KF8ZR

I have two codeplugs for michigan
I can email them to you

Chris
KF8ZR
kf8zr@yahoo.com

K1JWJ

Michigan Code Plugs for AT-D868UN

Have subject Anytone radio on the way and need codeplug for Michigan.
Live in Oscoda and no reachable DMR repeaters in range of QTH, but .......

Reading the manuals on my Kindle, but utterly lost on the codeplug thing and how to write one.

Thanks and 73’s
Jeff
K1JWJ

K1JWJ

How So, Please??

Start here for Michigan codeplugs WA8KIM DMR

There aren't any DMR repeaters in Berrien County so I use a Dv-mega hotspot. It really simplifies programming the codeplug if you are satisfied with the BrandMiester talk groups.

73 K8HIT

Being utterly clueless in DMR, can you explain this “simplifies programming the codeplug” to me a bit? I have no DMR repeaters near me in Oscoda either.

I greatly appreciate your time...

Jeff
K1JWJ

Hit_Factor

It depends a little on the features of the radio you purchase. Generally, the hotspot is just one channel and then you could use the connect and disconnect commands to use the talkgroups that interest you.

We like to travel, so I'll take the hotspot in the RV. As we move around I don't need to change the codeplugs for the repeaters we will encounter. Just keep using the hotspot through the internet to use the talkgroups.

I'm probably not doing a good job of explaining this. Watching a couple videos about how to use hotspots and then setting up a DMR radio might help you to put together how it all connects.

K1JWJ

Hey, I appreciate anything you share!
I have a Anytone AT-D868UN radio and a Shark OpenSpot on the way. Will use my home wifi when there and a TP-Link and iPhone hotspot when mobile/portable.
I will be using mine in our RV just as you are.

Thanks,

Jeff (K1JWJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.