Yaesu: Confused about C4FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at adding a fusion system to my wishlist/ wife won't notice list. Also on this list is a Wires II radio which I know nothing about.

Would this unit do both or would I be better off with buying seperate units and risking a divorce lol

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure if you are an amateur and want to transmit or just monitor. Make sure you have the money to buy a Fusion/Wire II radio as with the Canadian dollar tanking, these radios are now very expensive. I have not checked the FTM-100 but I believe the FTM-400 will do both. Wire II is used to connect through the internet. Thus to connect one has to transmit or can monitor if someone else has done the connection. Fusion is the digital portion of the radio. Wires can be either digital or analog. I believe an amateur can purchase a WIRES II box and hook it up at your home. I haven't looked recently to see if anyone has WIRES connection in Ontario. But if you are licensed than go big and look at FTM-400. If you have HF privileges, you could also look at FT-991 which has just shot up to around $1880.

Status
Not open for further replies.