Fusion on a Tytera

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Had an enjoyable QSO with a gentleman last night. During our conversation, he said that some people are developing beta or experimental firmware which will enable the MD380 to talk Fusion. Has anyone heard anything about this?

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Fusion on Tytera

There are already postings on this subject. One big issue is that the 380 does not have enough memory to support both DMR and Fusion. I'm no legal expert, but there also might be licensing concerns.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
There is a lot of TALK about creating radios with multiple digital formats, but I'll believe it when I see it :)

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
That's the precise point there ^^^. Up until today, there's been nothing but talk. The only "breakthrough" was the "jailbreak" that would in theory allow clever programmers to write their own decoder firmware. To my knowledge it hasn't progressed much since.

As the previous poster suggested, there simply is not enough memory available to handle multiple formats, so even if it turns out to be possible, only one mode at a time could be used in all likelihood. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.