Taking a chance: DMR/P25 radio that can also be FPP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9upc

Ok so I know the FPP part is kind of a stretch but what about a P25/DMR radio? I know that Kenwood makes a NXDN/P25 radio but was wondering on the DMR front.

I know that Connect Systems was boasting about a super secret squirrel one that could do DMR, P25, Fusion, and D-Star but that was a flash dream...guess I can dream also!

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Later on this year Kenwood is supposed to release a DMR option for the NX-5000 line of radios. I don't know how much it will cost, only found this out at IWCE a few weeks ago. Kenwood has not announced pricing yet.
What you will be able to do is get a radio that does analog, NXDN/NexEdge, P25 and DMR all in one box. FPP is an OPTIONAL feature you can purchase. VHF, UHF or 700/800MHz. This isn't a multi-band hand held, although you can get multiple RF deck mobiles and connect 3 of them together on either one or two control heads. The hand held is single band only.

It's a professional radio, so it won't be cheap.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
And depending on where you are it won't do much good not being multi-banded (for amateur use). Great example, in Texas DMR is common on 70 cm while P25 is more common on 2M due to the commercial surplus market here.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.