NY4Z DMR Repeater Brooklyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
What is up with this repeater? It has NO LOCAL TALK GROUP, at least not one that is generally accessible. So if two people want to talk to each other on this repeater they end up using TAC310, tying it up for the rest of the country. I know that some networks don't have 311, 312, etc making it impossible to move off North America or regional talk groups. Shouldn't a repeater be required to have a local talk group before it could be networked? The system admins should provide a single repeater local talk group or maybe a repeater-to-repeater MetroTAC channel so they can talk without lighting up all 17 repeaters in the system or tying up a nation-wide tac channel.

Last edited:

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
That does boggle the mind! I cannot understand why there's no "Local" TG made available.

All of the forty-eight repeaters here on the Hoosier DMR Network have a common template for both slot and TG assignments. Slot 2 carries only True Local (single repeater), Indiana Statewide, and Midwest talk groups.

Slot 1 carries (among others) four PTT peer-to-peer talk groups: TAC310, UA113, UA123, and USA1776.

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
http://www.dmr-bronx.net/
BRONX -TRBO
Brooklyn, NY NY4Z 442.050 +5 MHz Color Code 1
Time Slot
#1 - Group Call TG 1 = World Wide Time Slot
#1 - Group Call TG 3 = U.S / English Speaking Countries
#1 - Group Call TG 13 = World Wide English
#1 - Group Call TG 444 Bronx Trbo System Wide - FT
#1 - Group Call TG 3172 = NE / Regional
#1 - Group Call TG 14 = Latin America Region
#1 - Group Call TG 310 = Tac 310 Talk Group
#1 - Group Call TG 311 = Tac 311 Talk Group
#1 - Group Call TG 9998 = Parrot , Audio Test Server 5 Minute Timer
#1 - Group Call TG 9999 = Audio Test NorCal PTT 5 Minute Time

intermod

Just use it (if no RAS)

Unless the repeater has RAS enabled, just use TG2/TS1 (site indicates "Please be advise Bronx Trbo Time Slot 2 IS Private !!!!!!!!!!).

Over.

Last edited:

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
Unless the repeater has RAS enabled, just use TG2/TS2. In fact, just use ANY TG/TS (which I don;t recommend; cooridnate with owner first). Messages just won't go beyond the repeater.

Over.

"Welcome To The NY Metro DMR Repeater Network-Please be advise Bronx Trbo Time Slot 2 IS Private !!!!!!!!!!"

Kb2Jpd

What is up with this repeater? It has NO LOCAL TALK GROUP, at least not one that is generally accessible. So if two people want to talk to each other on this repeater they end up using TAC310, tying it up for the rest of the country. I know that some networks don't have 311, 312, etc making it impossible to move off North America or regional talk groups. Shouldn't a repeater be required to have a local talk group before it could be networked? The system admins should provide a single repeater local talk group or maybe a repeater-to-repeater MetroTAC channel so they can talk without lighting up all 17 repeaters in the system or tying up a nation-wide tac channel.

So this ham is different, if you go to the Repeat reBook, he can be allowed to be different, he has several repeaters throughout the downstate region.

You are not going to find your flavor here. So what? There are plenty of others like K2MAK.

It pays to be different.

So is this to be the whiny post for the month?

Why don't you address this with the repeater owner himself in email at his website and not do it here? Nothing will be changed here. He controls it and has his reasons to do that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N4KVE

Most local is TG2, where it can be linked to other local repeaters. However, some repeaters are not linked to other local repeaters, & use local TG9. TG2 is usually local linked, where several repeaters close to each other are linked up on local. But TG9 is true local & doesn't link up to any other repeater.

Last edited:

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
If TG2 is private, than use TG9 on TS2. TG2 is usually local linked, where several repeaters close to each other are linked up on local. But TG9 is true local & doesn't link up to any other repeater.
Gary, Time Slot 2 is reportedly "private." For what purpose wasn't stated.

N2JDH

Before getting upset and starting a big complaint board. Why not find out who the owners are of the repeaters. I am in NJ and had to contact owners of repeaters to get access to the Slot 2's.

My suggestion, email them. Some will request you become a member and other will ask that you not share their info.

Plus, besides the Slot 2, there might be a color code or TG group they have setup.

Andre, N2JDH

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
The contact link on the webpage doesn't work. I don't want to use the repeater, I just want the local users to have a place to talk without tying up TAC310 for hours.

N2JDH

In other words, simplex? As in you pick a simplex frequency and individual, group or all call? Think of the TG/ Color Code and Slot as a PL or DPL. You set it up like you would on simplex. The other person does the same and you call that individual like a phone. If, my thoughts are correct. You can also send a text. It's like using the old Nextel setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
Wouldn't it just be simpler for everybody if they just put a local TG on the repeater and included it in the code plug?

Kb2Jpd

Wouldn't it just be simpler for everybody if they just put a local TG on the repeater and included it in the code plug?

It would even even simpler to address your complaint to the repeater owner. Nothing is going to change from here on this group.

NY4Z is a busy guy and is not going to pay attention to a rant on RadioReference.com.

Write him or call him yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N8OHU

Actually, if it's a private repeater (in the sense that the users have to be members of a specific club to gain access to the second time slot), trying to convince him to set up a public talk group on it that people can use without tying up one of the DMR -MARC ones isn't going to work. YOu would be better off figuring out how to get another repeater coordinated in that area that they could use a local talk group on.

SCPD

QRT
It is not a rant, I just wanted to make others aware of the situation so they wouldn't think the users of that repeater on TAC310 were lids.

Status
Not open for further replies.