Which DV hot spot is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButchGone

I'm curious to hear from others about their experiences with DV hot spots, like the DVAP, DV Mega and DV4mini. Are they stable and reliable? Any hiccups or issues? I use a DVAP and it works very well at home. I'm considering adding either a DV4mini or DV mega to use with a Raspberry Pi for mobile/portable use on DStar and possibly DMR. Please share any thoughts about your experiences with these. Thank you!
BG..

N8OHU

My experience with the 2 meter version of the Internet Labs DVAP has been mostly positive, though the one thing I did was to avoid the default software and install the G4KLX D-STAR software instead. Fr D-STAR and DMR, I would suggest using the DVMEGA over the DV4mini as it is somewhat easier to get working properly on both modes.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

ButchGone

Thanks for the heads on this, I hadn't seen that until now. Looks like a great option. I wonder if Dstar DCS protocol supports the Reflector protocol used on Icoms?
BG?.

iball

SharkRF OpenSPOT if you don't feel like playing around with a Raspberry Pi/DVMega solution and want a nice web-based menu system.
If you're not afraid of Linux, go with the DVMega on a Pi 3. Slap a Nextion display on it and it's quite nice.

Never, ever buy anything with "DV4" in the title.
The DV4mini is very finicky with DMR modes and 90% of the time the audio sounds like junk.
The DV4home is crashy and you're stuck to European DMR+ reflectors for DMR.

Status
Not open for further replies.