dmr /brandmeister /Connect systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
Would like some assistance with code plug building for the cs-750. Need to custom build one for California, Arizona and Nevada as I travel a lot, and now Nevada and parts of California are Brandmeister. Is there someone who can PM me that would help me with the code plug.

Pete
KE7LVR

bharvey2

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and have a good deal of the Norcal Brandmeister UHF network in my CS750 and CS800. I've much of the CARLA system as well. Most will be from Bay Area toward Central Cal, moving south to LA. I'd be happy to send you a copy of my codeplug. (This weekend would be the earliest) Send me an e-mail if you're interested.

Brian/KK6DOQ
kk6doq@gmail.com

n9upc

The different systems make a little difference but not that much of one. Both carry a lot of the main talkgroups such as statewides. As an example 3155 (WI) is carried on Brandmeister (BM) and DMR-MARC.

Talkgroups on BM can be static (created in the system and permanent) or they can be dynamic (made on the fly). So, if the repeater allows it, you and a buddy can use TG 123456 temporarily on a repeater one day. Once again this is only if the repeater allows it, however on gateways (hotspots) you can create them to talk across the network. Example: You and John Doe both have DVMegas or OpenSPOTS and you both use 123456 it will go across the network to each other but not anyone else.

Hope this clears things up a little bit but I will be honest with you...play around with them. For me I actually have the Hytera NA TG which is heavily used in Vegas. So just program and play around with them and it might take a few times and reprogramming.

Hope this helps and does not hinder.

bharvey2

The different systems make a little difference but not that much of one. Both carry a lot of the main talkgroups such as statewides. As an example 3155 (WI) is carried on Brandmeister (BM) and DMR-MARC.

Talkgroups on BM can be static (created in the system and permanent) or they can be dynamic (made on the fly). So, if the repeater allows it, you and a buddy can use TG 123456 temporarily on a repeater one day. Once again this is only if the repeater allows it, however on gateways (hotspots) you can create them to talk across the network. Example: You and John Doe both have DVMegas or OpenSPOTS and you both use 123456 it will go across the network to each other but not anyone else.

Hope this clears things up a little bit but I will be honest with you...play around with them. For me I actually have the Hytera NA TG which is heavily used in Vegas. So just program and play around with them and it might take a few times and reprogramming.

Hope this helps and does not hinder.

I don't think that's always the case. I believe California and the TAC channels (310, 311, 312) are linked between the BM and DMARC systems. However, even though others may have the same names or TG numbers they don't always link. As you mentioned it may be repeater specific. I've run across this in the past, think that I can cross systems if the TG name or number is the same. It seems to be trial and error.

n9upc

bharvey2 -

Yes you are correct that some do carry talkgroups across networks and others do not. The example was only mentioned in regards to statewides as that is what seems to be carried for sure along with some of the TAC's. However, like you said it is not always the case as some have started to lock out TAC's due to looping and other issues.

Furthermore, if we drill down some more reflectors can crossover also to talkgroups and that adds a whole other layer of complexity. Like I said best advice is to play and see what is on that repeater and especially timeslots. I have seen many instances where someone has a certain TG on TS2 on a DMR-MARC and then it is on TS1 on a BM.

Main thing is to have fun and enjoy exploring the world from your handheld in your living room.

Status
Not open for further replies.